This course is for real beginners & teaches the core skills you'll need to start using computers in a business environment. Learn why your computer works the way it does & what you can ask it to do for you, as well as the basics of using the internet....
- Course Outline
Uncomfortable with computers? Never really had to use them until now? We all had to start from the basics when learning how to use them, and just because you’re a little behind in that race doesn’t mean you can’t catch up.
This course is for real beginners, and teaches the core skills you'll need to start using computers in a business environment. You'll learn why your computer works the way it does and what you can ask it to do for you, as well as the basics of using the Internet. We'll take you through all the computer terms you'll encounter in plain English, with plenty of examples, so you’ll be ready to learn all the things your job is coming to require.Detailed List of Topics
3 Types of Computer Help
IBM’s, Compatibles, Apples and Clones
Tips on Learning
The Main Components
Hardware vs Software – What is It?
Hardware – The Keyboard
The Monitor and Printer
Bits, Bytes and Files
Disks the Microchip & USB Ports
Flash Drives & Floppy Disks
Software - Operating Systems
DOS, Apple and Windows
Versions of Windows
Windows versus Microsoft Office
Other Operating Systems
What’s a Network?
What are Web Sites?
What are HTML and HTTP?
How Do I Get on the Internet?
How to Go to a Specific Site
Setting Home Page / History Settings
Looking for Pictures
Sending, Receiving, Replying, Forwarding
Using Software Applications
Starting a Program (MSWord)
The Word Screen
Typing a Short Memo
Rules for Naming Files
Save versus Save As
Selecting Text and Formatting
The Two Closing X’s
Opening a File
Working in Excel
Formatting the Numbers
Creating the Formulas
Changing Column Widths
Formatting and Saving – Just Like Word
Glossary of Computer Terms
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
A full 5 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date.
Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee or Tickets for that course date will be charged.
There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 5 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 5 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
Excel Training Toronto
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 2476 times.