In this course you will learn the basic concepts of macros, from simple recorded macros to sophisticated written VBA macros. It is intended for students who either have repetitive work to do in Excel & would like to teach the program how to do it, or who
- Course Outline
While Excel is a very powerful and complete
tool, you’ll sometimes encounter a situation where the program is
missing some feature you really need. Whether it’s the ability to
massage a list of data a particular way or make a sophisticated
spreadsheet that is nevertheless safe to hand off to beginner users, a
macro is the way to go.
In this course you will learn the basic concepts of macros, from simple recorded macros to sophisticated written VBA macros. It is intended for students who either have repetitive work to do in Excel and would like to teach the program how to do it, or who are in an informal support role and create spreadsheets for less-sophisticated Excel users. It also lays the foundation for students who need more formal and complete understanding of large-scale Excel customization and are moving on to the Level 2 and 3 courses.
This course is classroom style instruction: Instructor-led, hands-on training.
Detailed List of Topics
Basic Macro Concepts
Macros And Sub Procedures
Limitations Of Recorded Macros
Editing A Macro
Debugging A Macro
Step Into, Step Over, Step Out
Run To Cursor
Seven Ways To Run A Macro; Adding To Toolbars, Creating Buttons, Etc.
Defining Projects, Modules, Sub Procedures, Statements, And Events
The Visual Basic Editor
Views And Icons
Checking Syntax Errors
Structures Of Sub Procedures
Using The With Command
Properties That Are Objects
The Object Browser
Declaring Several Variables
Converting Input Box Answers
Special Characters To Sue When Concatenating
Message Box For Input
Status Bar Messages
Control of Flow
If ....Then Statements
If ....Then.... Elseif
Running Other Procedures From Within Procedures
If Statements With Message Boxes
For.... Next Loops
Do While ..... Loops
Auto_Open And Auto_Close
On Error Go To
Application Event Properties
Other Objects' Event Properties
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Solid understanding of all Excel Introduction, and Intermediate Levels I & II topics. Knowledge of Excel Advanced topics is recommended.
Participants receive with this course: * courseware (notes on all topics covered, along with exercises used during course). * a certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
A full 5 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date.
Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee or Tickets for that course date will be charged.
There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 5 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 5 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
Excel Training Toronto
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 4229 times.