During this 2-day workshop, you will learn: How your attitudes & actions impact others; New & effective techniques for dealing with difficult people; How to identify times when you have the right to walk away from a difficult situation; and more.
- Course Outline
The easiest way to deal with difficult people is to stay as far away from them as you can, suggests Robert Bramson Ph.D., organizational psychologist, management consultant with Bramson Gill Associates, and author of Coping with Difficult People. Great advice for those who work by themselves at home; it's a doable option. But the vast majority of people can't avoid interactions with a wide range of personality types, including some who are inconsiderate, stubborn, incorrigible, inappeasable, indecent, or downright sleazy.
During this one-day workshop, you will learn:
- How your attitudes and actions impact others
- New and effective techniques for dealing with difficult people
- Coping strategies for dealing with difficult people and difficult situations
- How to identify times when you have the right to walk away from a difficult situation
- Techniques for managing and dealing with anger
Introduction and Course Overview
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know other participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal
This lecture will examine the idea that, in a relationship with another person, our expectations are likely to be a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Dealing with Change
During this session, participants will examine change through a panel discussion and small group work.
The Agreement Frame
Anthony Robbins, and many other communicators, suggests we become skillful at using what he calls The Agreement Frame. This session will explore this idea and practice applying it.
The Ten Commandments of Change
Sam Deep and Lyle Sussman suggest there are ten commandments associated with change. Participants will look at these commandments and see how they can be applied.
There are several key ways that we can prevent problems from occurring. These methods will be examined in a lecture and in small group work.
Dealing with Problems
Participants will work in small groups to explore eight ways of dealing with problems.
Causes of Difficult Behavior
This lecture will look at the four fears that everyone has and how we can cope with them.
The Five-Step Process
During this session, we will look at a five-step process that can help participants resolve conflict.
Earlier we discussed how our attitudes and actions impact others. In this session, we will take a deeper look at how negative attitudes can cause negative interactions, and what we can do to turn those attitudes around.
Why Don't People Do What They Are Supposed To?
There are a million possible answers to this question, but we will discuss the ten most common reasons.
This session will share some techniques others have used to manage their anger. Participants will be encouraged to share their own experiences and techniques.
De-Stress Options You Can Use Right Now!
To conclude the day, we will look at five techniques participants can use to unwind. We will also share a list of coping thoughts.
At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
A full 5 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date.
Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee or Tickets for that course date will be charged.
There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 5 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 5 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
Excel Training Toronto
[ View Provider's Profile ]
We have not received any reviews specific to this course as yet, however here are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1820 times.