Building your self-esteem is essential for confidence & success, & it all begins with you. Of all the judgments you make in life, none is as important as the one you make about yourself. Without some measure of self-worth, life can be enormously painful.
- Course Outline
Building your self-esteem is essential for confidence and success, and it all begins with you. Of all the judgments you make in life, none is as important as the one you make about yourself. Without some measure of self-worth, life can be enormously painful.
This one-day workshop will teach participants how to:
• Grow in the conviction that they are competent and worthy of happiness
• Make a positive first impression
• Turn negative thoughts into positive thoughts
• Make requests so that you get what you want
• Find ways of connecting with people
Introduction and Course Overview
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know other participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal
As a pre-assignment, participants were asked to complete an anxiety inventory. We will discuss
the test in general during this session.
Building Your Self-Esteem
During this session, you will lead a discussion around two key questions: Just what does self-esteem mean? What are some of the things that affect our self-esteem?
During this session, participants will brainstorm things that create a positive impression and a negative impression. Participants will also identify an action item to change in the next 21 days.
Fake it ‘til You Make It
Sometimes we must put on a brave front even if we don’t feel like it. During this session we will discuss just how to do this and when it is appropriate.
Increasing Our Self-Esteem
So far we have looked at external things that affect a person’s self-esteem. Now we will focus on the internal factors; the things that we think about ourselves.
During this session, we will discuss seven easy ways to increase your confidence.
The Power of Thoughts
Through personal exercises, small presentations, and a case study, participants will explore how thoughts can impact a person’s self esteem.
Wipe Out Worry
Everyone worries, but too much worrying can be bad for your health. We will discuss four
techniques that participants can use to manage worrying.
Ask for What You Want
Asking for something can be hard, especially if you don’t feel confident. This session will discuss four ways to successfully ask for what you want. Participants will then apply the knowledge to a case study.
The way we view the world, or the windows through which we see the world, can either help or
hinder our communication with others. During this session, participants will identify their windows. Then, through large group discussion, they will identify whether those windows are a positive or negative influence.
Connecting with People
Dale Carnegie, the author of How to Win Friends and Influence People, gave us several important principles to consider and to incorporate into our lives to help us better connect with our fellow humans. We will discuss seven of his principles in this session.
Behavior Cost-Benefit Analysis
To sum up what participants have learned, they will be asked to take a look at the behaviors they want to change and the possible costs and benefits of those changes.
At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
A full 5 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date.
Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee or Tickets for that course date will be charged.
There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 5 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 5 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
Excel Training Toronto
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1195 times.