The truly skilled trainer can make a program exciting. The learners will have fun while they are learning if the facilitator is able to involve their emotions as well as their minds This two-day workshop is your start to that goal.
- Course Outline
Behind every spectacular training session is a lot of preparation and meticulous attention to detail. The truly skilled trainer can make a program exciting. The learners will have fun while they are learning if the facilitator is able to involve their emotions as well as their minds. You will see the involvement, and you will feel the energy. To reach this stage as an adult educator isn’t always
easy, but success isn’t just for the naturally gifted. It is possible for all of us who put effort into our personal growth and development, because we want the enormous satisfaction that comes from working with others to help them reach their potential as human beings.
This two-day workshop is your start to that goal. This workshop requires that participants have a good understanding of basic training principles, including adult learning concepts, Kolb’s learning cycle, training methods, and designing a learning sequence.
Objectives for this workshop include: • Enhance your understanding of learning styles and how to accommodate all four learning styles in the classroom
• Understand the key principles of effective communication in a workshop setting
• Use a variety of training techniques to stimulate participation
• Develop a plan and prepare for an effective training session
• Understand the different levels of evaluation and when to use each
• Understand how and when to add fun and humor to your training session
• Identify advanced interventions for difficult situations
• Practice the skills needed for a team presentation
Course Outline Introduction and Course Overview
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know other participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
Preparing to Learn
To begin, participants will explore what they want out of this workshop.
Next, participants will talk about the role of the facilitator, and the top skills a trainer needs.
Competencies for Adult Educators
This session will give participants a profile of the gaps between where they are now and where they need to be in order to perform their role efficiently.
Accommodating Learning Preferences
Next, participants will review Kolb’s learning process and styles.
This session will explore three aspects of adult learning: motivation, curriculum development, and classroom environment.
The Art of Facilitation
During this session, participants will talk about the art of facilitation and how an understanding of left brain and right brain learning can help them master this art.
Planning a Workshop
Next, participants will receive a brief introduction to planning and preparing a workshop.
This session will cover some basic kinds of visual aids and encourage participants to determine if, how, and when they want to use each type.
Your Role as an Effective Communicator
During this session, participants will learn how to communicate effectively as a facilitator or trainer.
Questioning as a Training Technique
This session will explain how good questioning skills can make anyone a better trainer.
Kirkpatrick’s Levels of Evaluation
Next, participants will explore the four levels of evaluation, including samples for each type. Then, participants will develop their own evaluation for their training session at the end of the workshop.
During this session, participants will explore why on-the-job support is so important after training has taken place, and what they can do to encourage it.
Dealing with Difficult Situations
This session will give participants some tools for dealing with training problems.
Adding Some Fun
Sometimes trainers can get so focused on bringing great content that we forget to work in time for reflection, laughter, or even bathroom breaks! This session will teach participants about the types of games they can add to their training session and how to be CREATIF.
Next, participants will talk about co-facilitation.
Training Preparation and Presentations
Here we will be preparing, presenting, and evaluating team training sessions.
At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
This workshop requires that participants have a good understanding of basic training principles, including adult learning concepts, Kolb’s learning cycle, training methods, and designing a learning sequence.
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
A full 5 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date.
Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee or Tickets for that course date will be charged.
There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 5 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 5 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
Excel Training Toronto
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 249 times.