It approaches the wastewater characterization & treatment, using both conventional technologies such as biological & phys-chem treatments & advanced treatment technologies such as filtration, reverse osmosis, ion exchange & carbon adsorption processes
- Course Outline
Water recovery and re-use is economical for industries and environmentally sound. The purpose of this seminar is to provide the user with appropriate understanding of the principles underlying the practices of wastewater treatment, water recovery and its re-use. The seminar approaches the topics beginning with wastewater characterization and treatment, using both conventional technologies, such as biological and phys-chem treatments, and advanced treatment technologies such as filtration, reverse osmosis, ion exchange and carbon adsorption processes. The principles of the process audit from both the manufacturing and the waste treatment processes points of view are discussed.
Objective To provide a sound working knowledge of conventional and advanced treatment processes in conjunction with the potential application of water recovery and re-use.
Who Should Attend Facility/utility engineers, consulting engineers, plant managers, chemical technologists and technicians, plant operating personnel or anyone involved in the wastewater treatment industry requiring knowledge of wastewater treatment approaches in view of possible re-use applications.
Faculty: Ronald Zaloum, Ph. D.,Montreal , Quebec
Wastewater Characterization (Flow/Contaminants)
• Flow characterization
- Continuous versus variable flow
• Chemical characterization
- Organics (BOD, COD)
- Metals analysis
- Suspended and dissolved solids
Wastewater Treatment - Conventional Treatment Technologies
Conventional treatment practices and typical wastewater treatment process schematic
Wastewater Treatment - Pretreatment And Primary Treatment
• Pre-treatment issues and practices
• Primary Treatment issues
• Coagulation and flocculation concepts
• Sedimentation and thickening
Wastewater Treatment - Secondary Treatment
• Biological reactor concepts
• Types of treatment processes
- Activated sludge treatment
- Trickling filters/rotating biological contactors
- Lagoons/stabilization ponds
Wastewater Treatment - Tertiary Treatment
• Disinfection issues, concepts and chemistry
• Phosphorus Removal
• Nitrogen Removal
Advanced Wastewater Treatment - Filtration
• Filtration concepts
• Filter types
- Media filters
- Cross flow filtration (micro/nano filtration)
Advanced Wastewater Treatment - Reverse Osmosis (Ro)
• RO principles
• RO systems
Advanced Wastewater Treatment - Ion Exchange
• Ion exchange principles
• Ion exchange systems
• Ion exchange issues
Advanced Wastewater Treatment - Carbon Adsorption
• Carbon adsorption principles
• Carbon adsorption systems
• Carbon adsorption issues
Advanced Wastewater Treatment - Oxidation Processes
• Ultraviolet and peroxide/ultraviolet processing
Water Recovery And Re-Use
• The process audit to prioritize decisions
• An example of its application in the steel industry highlighting
underlying issues and savings
There will be a refreshment and networking break each morning and afternoon session as well as a one-hour lunch break.
After Participating in the Seminar, You will be Able to:
- Recognize the types of contaminants present in wastewater, the conventional chemical, biological and/or physical processes used to remove them, and how these dictate the type of treatment equipment required for their removal
- Characterize a wastewater based on flow and contaminant parameters
- Apply the principles and practices of conventional wastewater treatment systems for the removal of:
- dissolved and particulate organic matter
- nitrogen and phosphorus
- Select knowledgeably for your application the advanced wastewater treatment processes such as filtration, reverse osmosis, ion exchange, or carbon adsorption
- Audit the process and benefit from the potential for industrial water recovery and water re-use applications
8:00 Registration and coffee (1st day only)
8:30 Morning session begins
- Prerequisites & Certificates
1.8 CEUs/18 PDHs
- Cancellation Policy
To withdraw from a course, you must send a request, in writing, with the official receipt to our office. Fifteen or more business days in advance: full refund less $50.00 administration charge. Five to fifteen business days in advance: non-refundable credit of equal value for any future EPIC seminar within one year. Credits are transferable within your organization. In case of an unexpected event occurring after this time, you may send someone else to take your place without any additional cost.
- Map & Reviews
EPIC Educational Program Innovations Center
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 389 times.