This course covers fundamentals of HVAC systems starting from psychometric calculations to design of air conditioning cycles. Load calculations, distribution, system selection, control, & energy conservation of HVAC systems are all covered in this course
- Course Outline
Mastering fundamentals and operation principles of HVAC systems is a must for designers and operators of such systems.
This course covers fundamentals of HVAC systems starting from psychometric calculations to design of air conditioning cycles. Load calculations, distribution, system selection, control, and energy conservation of HVAC systems are all covered in this course.
Topics are introduced to individuals who have no or little background on the subject while also providing a valuable information resource to personnel having experience with HVAC systems.
Objective • To provide a practical understanding of the theory dictating the design and control of HVAC systems
• To provide information on the energy conservation aspects of HVAC systems
Who Should Attend Design and project engineers and technologists, plant and facility engineers, consultants, mechanical engineers and technologists, maintenance and operation personnel and other technical personnel who need to upgrade/refresh their current knowledge of HVAC systems.
Program Outline Faculty: Dr. M. S. Hamed
Registrations and Coffee
Welcome and Introductions
Day I Fundamentals of HVAC
Determination of Moist Air Properties and the Use of Psychrometric Chart
• Moist air properties
• The psychrometric chart
• Moist air processes
Calculations of Air Conditioning Cycles (Systems)
• Bypassed, return and outdoor air
• Capacity of refrigerating plant
• Effect of heat gains in ductwork
Determination of Space Conditions – Comfort Zone
• Comfort-physiological considerations
• Environmental comfort indices
• Comfort conditions
Cooling/Heating Load Calculations
• Design temperature differences
• Quantity of heat to be removed
• Conduction heat gains
• People load
• Loads due to lights and equipment.
• Infiltration load
• Ventilation load
• Radiant and solar heat gains
Design of Air Distribution System (Duct Design)
• Total, static and velocity pressures
• Changes in pressure in a duct
• Loss in static pressure due to friction
• Fan laws and fan performance curves
• System characteristic curves
• Fan selection
• Duct design
Operation of HVAC
System Selection and Control
• System selection.
• Control devices
• Types of control systems
• Basic control theory
• Determination of energy conservation opportunities (ECOs) in HVAC
• Diagnostics and refining
• Implementation and maintenance
• Economic considerations.
There will be a one-hour lunch break each day in addition to a refreshment and networking break during each morning and afternoon session.
After Participating in this Course, You will be Able to:
- Understand key thermodynamics, fluid mechanics and heat transfer fundamentals and their practical application in the design and operation of HVAC systems.
- Learn systematic procedures for cycle and load calculations.
- Gain insight into determination of opportunities of energy conservation and selection of appropriate types of control for the application of interest.
8:00 Registration and coffee (first day only)
8:30 Session begins
- Prerequisites & Certificates
1.2 CEUs / 12 PDHs
- Cancellation Policy
To withdraw from a course, you must send a request, in writing, with the official receipt to our office. Fifteen or more business days in advance: full refund less $50.00 administration charge. Five to fifteen business days in advance: non-refundable credit of equal value for any future EPIC seminar within one year. Credits are transferable within your organization. In case of an unexpected event occurring after this time, you may send someone else to take your place without any additional cost.
- Map & Reviews
EPIC Educational Program Innovations Center
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 258 times.