- Electrical Engineering Training
- Control Systems: SCADA-HMI for Renewable and Conventional Generation Power Plants
Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition (SCADA) System is the lifeline of power plants. With the recent induction of renewable such as Wind & Solar, SCADA technology is poised to grow into smart grid applications...
- Course Outline
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
· apply the advanced techniques, tips and tricks to your SCADA HMI , PC HMI application.
· gain an awareness of the codes and regulations governing the power generation systems and equipment
· understand the pc-based local control stations versus the distributed systems
· enhance your knowledge of the fault tolerant approach
· use the hmi techniques to enhance data presentation and analysis
· update your existing skills with state of the art technologies: micro grids and decentralization of control
· get insight into challenges of SCADA projects for wind power plants
Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) System is the lifeline of power plants. With the recent induction of renewable such as Wind and Solar, SCADA technology is poised to grow into smart grid applications. This course is designed to address the growing need and emerging trends in industry.
Based on current industry trends and demands from utilities, IPPs, generation companies, project developers, consulting engineers, this course offers an excellent learning opportunity of the role of SCADA in industrial control systems with emphasis in monitoring, managing and control of power plants.
The HMI (Human Machine Interface) topic addresses the rules and practices of the design and usability of human interfaces to plant controls.
· To provide an understanding of the essentials of SCADA technology and the various types of systems used in power plants
· To give you guidelines for evaluating and choosing the type of controls that best suits your SCADA system needs
· To determine the SCADA package required and to discuss the related pros and cons.
· To understand and simplify the complexity of SCADA System deployment
· To understand how SCADA system is currently being utilized in renewable industry
Introduction to SCADA
M. Amjad, M.Eng., P.Eng.
Real Time Monitoring and Control
Software Components of a SCADA system
IEC 61850 family of standards: substation design, communication methods, monitoring and control applications
Introduction to HMI (Human Machine Interface)
C. Rosenberg P.Eng.
The HMI layer
Data presentation rules
Data presentation tools
Data presentation objects
User interface, design using animation
User interface, reporting and analyzing tools
User interface, example and demonstration
Open Discussions: Determine Design Options, Cost Versus Effectiveness
M. Amjad, M.Eng., P.Eng.
Power Plant automation
SCADA architecture for Hydro Power
Electric Power Generation, transmission and distribution
Power grid control
Real time control
Alarm monitoring solutions
Create custom alarms
Web browser access
History of alarms and events
Design solutions: send pager and email alarm notifications
Reporting for off line analysis
M. Amjad, M.Eng., P.Eng.
SCADA System for Wind Park
Understanding Wind Power
Different Steps involved in constructing a large scale wind park
Wind Park Operation Agreement with Electric Utility
Turbine-Collection System (Power-Telecom)-Substation-Grid
Need of SCADA System for Wind Park Management
Wind Turbine Status
Event Log Book and Statistics and alarm/event notification/notification process
SCADA Administration: User Management/Reporting
System Protection and Control
Type of SCADA System in Wind Industry
SCADA System Design
SCADA System Configuration
Data Points/RTU/Control Room
LAN/WAN/Web Interface (VPN/T1)
Functional Testing and Commissioning of a SCADA System
A Case Study of a 27 MW operational Wind Park
Questions and Answers and Feedback to Participants on Achievement of Learning Outcomes
There will be a one hour lunch break each day in addition to a refreshment and networking break during each morning and afternoon session.
8:00 Registration and coffee (1st day only)
8:30 Session begins
- Prerequisites & Certificates
1.8 CEU / 18 PDH
- Cancellation Policy
To withdraw from a course, you must send a request, in writing, with the official receipt to our office. Fifteen or more business days in advance: full refund less $50.00 administration charge. Five to fifteen business days in advance: non-refundable credit of equal value for any future EPIC seminar within one year. Credits are transferable within your organization. In case of an unexpected event occurring after this time, you may send someone else to take your place without any additional cost.
- Map & Reviews
EPIC Educational Program Innovations Center
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 316 times.