- Electrical Engineering Training
- Control Systems: Refresher for Electrical and Mechanical Engineers
The course is designed to satisfy the demand for training in Control Systems and Industrial Automation and provides a basic understanding of the underlying principles for designing, deploying and troubleshooting control systems.
- Course Outline
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
• Gain knowledge in the automation field
• Understand the performance of the various control systems components equipment
• Learn about the control loops and how to rip the benefit of automation
• Enhance your skills in the design, utilization and troubleshooting of equipment
• Update your existing expertise in controls and automated systems.
Description The course is designed to satisfy the demand for training in Control Systems and Industrial Automation and provides a basic understanding of the underlying principles for designing, deploying and troubleshooting control systems.
The course focuses on increasing knowledge of working engineers in the field of control and automation technologies, provides young practicing engineers with success stories and lesson learned from first hand senior experienced engineers and promotes the usefulness of control systems in increasing the systems accuracy and reliability.
Objectives To provide
• Down-to-earth explanations of basic principles associated with control systems and industrial automation
• An understanding of the various types of control systems and to discuss the related applications and best practices
• Demonstrate relevant features and advantages of using automation
• A better understanding in advanced aspects of control systems
• Help in solving real life problems in industrial automation
Who Should Attend • Engineers, technicians and supervisors involved in the design, maintenance and testing of control systems and industrial automation.
• System integrators of OEM equipment
• Staff whose responsibilities include commissioning and troubleshooting of control systems.
Faculty: C. Rosenberg P.Eng
Welcome, Introduction, Workshop Preview, Learning Outcomes and the Assessment Method
Control Systems, the Fundamentals
• Automation Concepts
• Introduction and system theory:
- Definitions and system terms
- System functions
- Elements of a control system
• Open and closed loops
• Feedback and Feedforward
• Types of loop control
• PI and PID control algorithms
• Tuning methodology
Components of Control Systems
• Analog world versus digital world
• Controllers: Theory of operation
- Hardware architecture
- Sensors: temperature, humidity, motion, liquid level, water flow, current, smoke, obstacle detection, power failure, etc.
- Software architecture
- Pros and cons
Review of the Construction and Programming Requirements of PLCs
• Basic drivers
• Industrial applications of control systems
• Dealing with non linearity
Measuring and Testing
• Data Processing
• Using statistics to interpret results
• Communication interfaces: Serial, Ethernet, USB, wireless, networks, web
Novelties in Industrial Automation
• Redundant configurations
• Hot swapping
• Distributed versus centralized
• Engineering model for distributed automation and control
• Fault tolerance
• Demo and exercise
Questions and Answers and Feedback to Participants on Achievement of Learning Outcomes
8:00 Registration and coffee (1st day only)
8:30 Session begins
There will be a one-hour lunch break each day in addition to a refreshment and networking break during each morning and afternoon session.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
1.2 CEU / 12 PDH
- Cancellation Policy
To withdraw from a course, you must send a request, in writing, with the official receipt to our office. Fifteen or more business days in advance: full refund less $50.00 administration charge. Five to fifteen business days in advance: non-refundable credit of equal value for any future EPIC seminar within one year. Credits are transferable within your organization. In case of an unexpected event occurring after this time, you may send someone else to take your place without any additional cost.
- Map & Reviews
EPIC Educational Program Innovations Center
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 283 times.