- Electrical Engineering Training
- Control Systems: From Fundamentals to Hands On Rapid Controls Prototyping
The course is designed to satisfy the demand for training in Control Systems and Industrial Automation and provides an intuitive understanding of the underlying principles for designing, deploying and troubleshooting control systems.
- Course Outline
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
• Gain an appreciation of controls concepts and state of the art tools.
• Understand the performance and design of the various control systems.
• Learn about the various components within a control system.
• Enhance your skills in the design, utilization and troubleshooting of equipment.
• Update your existing knowledge and expertise in controls systems.
• Implement a realtime control system using Rapid Prototyping techniques Description
The course is designed to satisfy the demand for training in Control Systems and Industrial Automation and provides an intuitive understanding of the underlying principles for designing, deploying and troubleshooting control systems.Objectives
The course focuses on increasing knowledge of working engineers in the field of control and automation technologies, provides young practicing engineers with success stories and lessons learned from first hand senior experienced engineers and promotes the usefulness of control systems in increasing the systems accuracy and reliability. With a strong hands-on component, the engineer will learn and develop a variety of controls techniques on real equipment using the latest design tools. Attendees must bring their own laptop in order to use the hardware that is made available for the duration of the course. The laptop requirements will be supplied during registration.
• Down-to-earth explanations of basic principles associated with control systems.
• An understanding of the various types of control systems and to discuss the related applications and best practices.
• Demonstrate relevant features and advantages of using rapid controls prototyping.
• A better understanding in advanced aspects of control systems.
• Hands-on experience to get a concrete appreciation for the various concepts.
Who Should Attend
• Engineers that will be involved in rapid controls prototyping projects, systems analysis or controls design
• Engineers, technicians and supervisors involved in the design, maintenance and testing of control systems and industrial automation
• System integrators of OEM equipment
• Engineers seeking a refresher course on controls systems and looking for the current state of the art tools and techniques.
Faculty: Amin Abdossalami, M.A.Sc. and Paul Karam, M.A.Sc. (i)Program Outline
Welcome, Introduction, Workshop Preview, Learning Outcomes and the Assessment Method
Control Systems-The Fundamentals
• Introduction and system theory: definitions and system terms
• Overview of mathematics involved: transfer functions representation, state space representation, dynamic equations
• Elements of a control system: open and closed loops, feedback and feedforward, types of loop control, P, PI, PD and PID control algorithms
• Tuning methodology
• Frequency domain analysis
• Time domain analysis
Components of Control Systems
• Inputs and outputs: data acquisition
• Design and analysis tools
• Real-time control
• Digital controls system
Hands on Laboratory: Control System Analysis and Design of a Mechatronic System
Model Based Control
• Physics based modeling
• Lagrange equations. Newton derivation
• System identification
• State space formulation
• LQR, LQG design
• Inverted pendulum
• Modeling tools (Maple)
• Flexible joint
• Rise time
• Settling time
• Steady State error
• Gain and phase margin
• Model simulation
• Controller simulation
Rapid Controls Prototyping
• Controller implementation
• Real-time characteristics and diagnostics
Common Un-Modeled Characteristics
Hands-On Laboratory: Model, Design and Control of a Mechatronic System
Questions and Answers and Feedback to Participants on Achievement of Learning Outcomes
8:00 Registration and coffee (1st day only)
8:30 Session begins
There will be a one-hour lunch break each day in addition to a refreshment and networking break during each morning and afternoon session.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
1.2 CEU / 12 PDH
- Cancellation Policy
To withdraw from a course, you must send a request, in writing, with the official receipt to our office. Fifteen or more business days in advance: full refund less $50.00 administration charge. Five to fifteen business days in advance: non-refundable credit of equal value for any future EPIC seminar within one year. Credits are transferable within your organization. In case of an unexpected event occurring after this time, you may send someone else to take your place without any additional cost.
- Map & Reviews
EPIC Educational Program Innovations Center
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 296 times.