This 2 day workshop is designed to help you overcome many of the supervisory problems you'll encounter in your first few weeks as a boss, whether you are a team leader, a project manager or a unit coordinator.
- Course Outline
This two-day workshop is designed to help you overcome many of the supervisory problems you will encounter in your first few weeks as a boss, whether you are a team leader, a project manager or a unit coordinator. Dealing with the many problems a new supervisor encounters isn’t easy but it doesn’t have to lead to discouragement.How you will Benefit:
- Help clarify roles and responsibilities of the new job
- Adjust to the new role with confidence and an assurance you can handle the position
- Develop your communication skills in listening, asking questions, and giving feedback to employees
- Develop a technique for making sure you give employees instructions that are clear and understood
- Identify some techniques to deal with employee challenges such as hostility, complaints, and laziness
- Recognize the importance of being visible and available to employees
- Understand the importance of developing good relationships with employees and peers, so you are seen as fair and consistent.
- Introductions, Objectives, Agenda
- Pre-assignment discussion
- Getting started as a new boss
- Understanding your responsibilities
- Setting goals
- Identifying priorities
- Communication skills you need
- Advanced communication skills
- Giving feedback
- Giving orders, requests, and suggestions
- Mistakes to avoid
- Dealing with difficult employees
- Managing conflict
- Prerequisites & Certificates
• Instruction by an expert facilitator • Small interactive classes • Specialized manual and course materials • Personalized certificate of completion *** All Seminar participants will be given our patented Performance Indicator Assessment to measure your personal performance indicators. Learn more about what makes you tick, why you react to stress the way you do and other important self-awareness details. Even better we provide a full report for your supervisor too, so you can work even better together. Information that's worth the price of admission alone!!
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations within 5 business days are typically not refundable, however exceptions may be made on a case by case basis.
- Map & Reviews
Empower Performance Group
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 401 times.