- Adobe InDesign Training
- Adobe InDesign: Advanced Styles and Long Documents (ADID201)(Compatible with CS4, CS5, CS5.5 and CS6)
Adobe InDesign: Advanced Styles and Long Documents (ADID201)(Compatible with CS4, CS5, CS5.5 and CS6)
Learn how to: Manage a large print project & see how to approach setting up InDesign for larger publications; Work with advanced text style sheet features; Build & manage Book Files, a Table of Contents & an Index
- Course Start Date: Sep. 14
- Location: Ottawa
- Time: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 2 Days
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Seats Available: YES
- Category:Adobe InDesign Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
In this course, you will learn how to: Manage a large print project and
see how to approach setting up InDesign for larger publications; Work
with advanced text style sheet features; Build and manage Book Files, a
Table of Contents and an Index
Brief Review / Tips and Tricks
- The InDesign workspace
- Working with images
- Working with text and text frames
- Using Adobe Bridge, Libraries and Snippits
- Spell check and find/change features
- Navigating longer documents
- Adding/deleting/duplicating/moving pages
- Working with spreads and the Page tool
- Using master pages to duplicate headers, footers and page properties
- Overriding and master page items on document pages
- Changing and reapplying master items
- Automatic page numbering and numbering and section options
- Flowing large stories over large page ranges
- Why use style sheets?
- Defining and using paragraph and character styles
- Loading and importing styles between documents
- Applying styles and style overrides to text
- Clearing overrides, redefining and deleting styles
- Hyphenation and justification
- Keeping lines and paragraphs together
- Nesting styles for efficiency
- Working with bullets and numbered lists
- Using the next style feature to format large ranges of type quickly and easily
- Working with object styles, text frame options, object effects and transparency effects
- Headers and footers
- Footnotes and endnotes
- Working with live text variables
- Working with automatic image captions
- Tracking changes in the text story
- What is a book and why use one?
- Creating/opening/deleting books
- Adding/removing/replacing documents
- Synchronizing books
- Printing/exporting books
- Review of paragraph styles, using tabs in styles
- Creating TOC entry styles
- Generating the TOC
- Saving the general TOC style
- Updating the TOC
- Using a TOC with books
- Creating index items
- Modifying/deleting index items
- Generating the index file
- Working with indexes with books
- Prerequisites & Certificates
ADID101 - Adobe InDesign is essential
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
Eliquo Training and Development Inc. will make every attempt to be flexible in regards to class cancellations and rescheduling. In an attempt to make sure that everyone enjoys a consistent training experience, Eliquo offers the following cancellation policy:
Any student cancellation that occurs a minimum of six (6) business days prior to a scheduled class is eligible for a full class credit or a 100% refund on the cost of the class.
Due to scheduling logistics, if you cancel or re-schedule a registration within five (5) business days of the course date, payment is due in full at that time and will be held as a credit towards a re-scheduled date or a future course booking. Course credits are valid for 12 months from the date of the original class booking.
All cancellations and rescheduling must be in writing and sent either by email to email@example.com or by fax to 647.258.9319. Verbal communication of a cancellation will not meet our refund requirements.
In the event that a class is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment, your full registration fee will be refunded or you can reserve a seat in the next available class. You will be notified of a class cancellation at least five (5) business days in advance of the scheduled class.
Eliquo Training and Development Inc. reserves the right to postpone or cancel a class at any time, in which case the refund and rescheduling policy would apply. Eliquo Training and Development Inc. is not liable for any travel expenses incurred by the student, even in the event of a cancellation.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
185 Somerset St West.
Canada K2P 0J2
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 18 times.