CCVP Certification is a new certification focusing on Voice over IP technologies. The CCVP Boot Camp is split into three 1 week classes designed to provide the knowledge needed to pass the 5 certification tests required for CCVP Certification.
- Course Outline
CCVP Certification is a new certification focusing on Voice over IP technologies. The CCVP Boot Camp is split into three one week classes designed to provide the student with adequate knowledge needed to pass the five certification tests required for CCVP Certification. Week one focuses on IIUC and CVOICE. Students will be presented with the core competencies associated with Cisco IPT converged networks. Students will be instilled with the necessary skills and knowledge needed to plan, design, implement, and operate a Cisco IPT solution. Due to the intense format of this boot camp style course (10 days of study compressed into 5), it is strongly recommended that students have CCNA Certification. ICND along with working knowledge of LANs, WANs, IP switching and routing, and PSTN operations and voice fundamentals are also suggested. Major issues will be covered in the curriculum; it is expected that students will self study minor issues. This course is for network engineers who will be designing IP Telephony solutions that include the deployment of Cisco CallManager software and associated VoIP equipment.
This is an intermediate / advanced course for network engineers who will be designing IP Telephony solutions that include the deployment of Cisco Call Manager software and associated VoIP equipment.
Skills taught After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the components of Cisco Unified Communications Architecture
- Describe PSTN components and technologies
- Describe how to interconnect VoIP with service provider networks
- Implement a UC 500 system using Cisco Configuration Assistant
- Implement Cisco Unified Communicaitons Manager Express to support endpoints using Cisco CLI Commands
- Implement Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express to connect to service provider networks using CLI commands
- Implement Cisco Unity Express in a Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express environment using CLI commands
- Perform basic maintenance and operations tasks to support UC 500 and Cisco Unified Communications Manager express deployments
- Describe VoIP, components of a VoIP network, VoIP protocols, special requirements for VoIP calls, and codecs
- Configure gateway interconnections to support VoIP and PSTN calls
- Describe the basic signaling protocols used on voice gateways and configure a gateway to support calls using the various signaling protocols
- Define a dial plan, describing the purposeof each dial plan component, and implement a dial plan on a voice gateway
- Describe gatekeeper functions, protocols, and operation and implementation of an H.323 gatekeeper to provide dial plan resolution and call admission control
- Implement a Cisco Unified Border Element gateway to connect to an Internet Telephony Service provider
- Cisco Unified Communications Systems Introduction
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express Implementation
- Cisco Unity Express Implementation
- Cisco Smart Business Communications System Implementation
- Introducing Voice over IP
- Configuring Voice Ports
- Implementing VoIP Gateways
- Implementing Dial Plans on Voice Gateways
- Implementing H.323 Gatekeepers
Connecting to an ITSP
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Suggested CCNA. You should complete: - ICND1 or equivalent - A working knowledge of LANs, WANs, and IP switching and routing - Knowledge of traditional public switched telephone network (PSTN) operations and voice fundamentals
- Cancellation Policy
Public Schedule - Instructor Led Training:
Cancellation notice of 10 (ten) business days is required to cancel a course without penalty. Cancellation of less than 10 (ten) business days prior to the start of the course or non-attendance will result in a charge of 100% of the course cost.
Group (Dedicated) Training: Cancellation notice of 15 (fifteen) days is required to cancel a private course without penalty. Cancellation of less than 15 (fifteen) days will result in a charge of 100% of the private training cost.
Substitutions of enrolled students in scheduled classes are permitted prior to the class start on the first day. ARP's choice of instructor for any course is subject to change.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 741 times.