Learn software practices used by Agile teams such as Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Pair Programming, healthy unit testing,etc. This course provides understanding of agile software engineering using both theory and hands-on practice.
- Course Outline
Agile engineering practices include those software practices commonly used by Agile teams such as Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Pair Programming, healthy unit testing, incremental design, etc. This course provides key skills and understanding of agile software engineering through a combination of theory and hands-on practice.
Audience Software Developers, Technical Architects, and Team Leads for teams that currently use or are intending to use Agile methods such as Scrum, Extreme Programming, or OpenAgile.
Benefits After completing this course software developers and architects will:
- improve their development productivity
- be familiar with basic disciplines to create well-tested, defect-free code
- design and architect software incrementally
- be able to integrate successfully into Agile teams
- understand what makes healthy, maintainable code
- receive a Certificate of Attendance
- receive $100.00 discount on a 3-day Scrum training and certification course by our partners
Agile engineering practices include those software practices commonly used by Agile teams such as Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Pair Programming, healthy unit testing, incremental design, etc. These practices are used notably within processes such as XP and Scrum. This course provides an introduction to these themes, along with an overall context that helps the student understand how these practices are situated in the day to day work of an agile developer. With a combination of theoretical and hands-on practice, this course should leave the student with a better idea of how to use these practices in their daily work, as well as how they reinforce each other and improve quality and team performance.
- Workflow of an Agile Software Development Cycle
- Impact of Agile on Conception, Design, Construction, and Verification
- Conceptual consequences of Agile methods
- Software as an emergent property
- Modularity, Dependency, and Component-Orientation
- Incremental design
- Infrastructure needs to support Agile methods
- Build systems
- Version Control and SCM
- Continuous Integration
- Development Practices and Approaches of Agile methods
- Testing, Test-First, and Test Driven Development
- Writing testable code
- Collaborative software development
- Pair Programming
- ***Additional topics as time allows, from the following:
- Dependency and Modularity
- Software "Emergence"
- Incremental Design
- Continual Re-factoring
- Set-based design
- Risk Spikes
- Separation of Concerns
- The Discipline of Delivery
- Definition of Done
- Lightweight Modelling
- Software Metrics
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of Completion if desired.
- Cancellation Policy
A full 3 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date.
Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee or Tickets for that course date will be charged.
There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
- Map & Reviews
Agile Programming Training in Toronto and Ottawa
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 308 times.