In this course, you’ll learn how to build basic queries using Transact-SQL, the language of SQL Server. Then, you'll learn how to build effective views, stored procedures, triggers, and user-defined functions, using Transact-SQL.
- Course Outline
In this course, you’ll learn how to build basic queries using Transact-SQL, the language of SQL Server. Then, you'll learn how to build effective views, stored procedures, triggers, and user-defined functions, using Transact-SQL. You'll learn about the new enhancements to the Transact-SQL programming language including improved support for error handling and hierarchical queries, and programmers can now use .NET languages like C# and Visual Basic to build database objects.
Course Outline * SQL Server 2005 Editions, Components, and Tools
* Using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
* Working with Tables and Queries
* New Transact-SQL Features
* Business Intelligence Services
Designing and Creating a Database
* Relational Database Design Principles
* Implementing the Design
* Understanding Transact-SQL
* The SELECT Statement
* The WHERE Clause
* Using ORDER BY to Sort Data
* The GROUP BY Clause
* Joining Tables
* Modifying Data
* Inserting Data
* Updating Data
* Deleting Data
* Understanding Transaction Isolation
Working with SQL Server Management Studio
* Getting Started with SSMS
* Exploring the Object Explorer
* Working with the Query Editor
* Using SQL Server Books Online
* Overview of Transact-SQL
* Using Built-In Functions
* Controlling Flow
* Ranking Results
Transactions and Error Handling
* Transaction Concepts
* Applications and Transactions
* Creating Explicit Transactions
* Using TRY/CATCH Error Handling
* What Is a View?
* Creating Views
* Updating Data Using a View
* Using Computed Columns
* Indexed Views
* Partitioned Views
Creating Stored Procedures and Triggers
* Creating Stored Procedures
* Creating Triggers
Creating User-Defined Functions
* User-Defined Function Overview
* Scalar Functions
* Inline Table-Valued Functions
* Multi-Statement Table-Valued Functions
* Using Functions, Views, and Stored Procedures
Using .NET Code in SQL Server 2005
* Writing SQLCLR Code
* SQLCLR Code Modules
* Managing Code Modules
* SQLCLR Security
* T-SQL vs. .NET Code
* Full-Text Search
* Generating XML with FOR XML
* Using APPLY
* Creating Recursive Queries
* Creating Pivot Queries
* Executing Dynamic SQL
- Prerequisites & Certificates
This course is designed for database developers and SQL Server administrators who need to understand Transact-SQL. To get the most out of this course, you should have a solid understanding of relational databases. No particular programming experience is required, but the course is taught from a developer's perspective.
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
10 business day cancellation policy. if the course is confirmed and the student cancels within 10 days of the course, then they get charged and apply a credit for future courses. If they cancel outside of 10 business days, then there are no charges at all.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 435 times.