This 5-day intensive (10hr/day) VMware® vSphere 4.0Ultimate Bootcamp® is taught by top virtualization experts and offers hands-on labs designed to expose the student to advanced virtualization concepts and the VMware® vSphere 4.0 product suite.
- Course Outline
This 5-day intensive (10hr/day) VMware® vSphere 4.1 Ultimate Bootcamp® is taught by top virtualization experts and offers hands-on labs designed to expose the student to
advanced virtualization concepts and the VMware® vSphere 4.1 product suite. This comprehensive class prepares the student to become a certified professional virtualization expert with the Certified Virtualization Expert 4.1® (CVE 4.1®) certification to attest to their knowledge of the material and technology.
Who Should Attend:
System Administrators, Engineers, and Operators responsible for setup, support, and troubleshooting of ESX 4 Server and/or VirtualCenter. This Ultimate Bootcamp is intended for IT Professionals with 1 or more years of server and infrastructure experience.
Learn More About the Ultimate Boot Camp...
Ultimate Bootcamps® give the student in-depth skills training through hands-on experience with state-of-the-art equipment. The focus of the CVE 4.1® training is to instill the knowledge required for the student to do their job efficiently and effectively first. To accomplish this, the Bootcamp provides a comprehensive, A-Z training experience, starting from the installation of the licensed product to real world troubleshooting scenarios. The course’s focus is not limited only to learning and harnessing the power of VMware®, but the entire concept of virtualization, 3rd party tools, and technologies that will enhance VMware® capabilities and increase the student’s virtualization expertise.Work on VMware® HCL Hardware & Perform Real World Labs
Each student is assigned their own dedicated Dell Poweredge server with 24 hour access during the Bootcamp week. Students will perform all labs on hardware you find in a real data centers and not PC’s like you find in other VMware Training courses. Having 24/7 unlimited access to a real world data center means the student can leverage the learning experience by revisiting labs where other courses have limited hours and access to servers. This
flexibility allows students to learn at their own pace without time constraints or distractions.
The Ultimate Bootcamp® has over 50 labs, the most of any training programQualified Instructors Make A Difference
available, leading to 65% of the class time spent learning by hands-on labs.
The time spent performing hands-on labs allows the student to develop the
skills, knowledge, and techniques needed to implement vSphere 4 in your
The Ultimate Bootcamp® instructors are not just instructors. They are alsoEssential Third Party Tools
consultants who have performed small, medium, and large consolidation
projects, and who have real world experience using the virtualization
technology and techniques that they teach. Bringing this experience into the
classroom gives the student a real training experience not found in other 9-5
training programs. Students are able to work on their own, bring their
questions into the classroom, and ask the “What If” questions that they are
working on in their own live environment.
Any job is easy when you have the right tools. In the Ultimate Bootcamp®Quality “Resourceware” and Follow-on Continuing Education
the student will be introduced to and learn how to apply third party tools
that when utilized in conjunction with VMware, will not only enhance
students’ skills, but also simplify processes, optimize efficiency, and make
their jobs that much easier.
With more than 750 pages and a 250 page lab book, this UltimateCourse Objectives
Bootcamp® courseware is intuitively designed to help the student
easily move through the chapters regardless of their level of
experience and will serve as a reference source even after the class.
This unique feature of all Ultimate Bootcamps® is what attracts so
many students looking for a great training experience.
- About all of the new and exciting features of
VMware® vSphere 4.1
- Foundational terms and concepts concerning virtualization
- How to install, configure, and support ESX Server 4 and vCenter 4
- How to configure Virtual Machines, templates, and clones
- How to configure Virtual Networking including vNetwork Distributed Switches & vShield Zones & how to support VMotion & iSCSI Multipathing.
- P2V, V2V, V2P, and P2P methods and techniques
- Server Consolidation procedures and reasoning
- Tools to support a virtual infrastructure -
VMware®, PlateSpin®, Vizioncore™, Veeam, and more
- VMotion™, Storage VMotion, Distributed Power Mgt (DPM), Update Manager, Power Mgmt, Guided Consolidation, Fault Tolerance, Clustering – DRS/HA, etc.
- Best Practices within a Virtual Enterprise
- How to perform backups in the ESX environment –
Service Console and Virtual Machines – VCB and Data Recovery
- How to use the Command Line Interface for supporting ESX & ESXi Servers - ESX commands
- Configure and optimize storage - FC, iSCSI, NFS, Multipathing, and
Chapter 1: Course Intro & Methodology (HOL)
Chapter 2: Virtualization Overview
Chapter 3: Planning & Installing ESX/ESXi 4
1. Planning ESX 4 Server Deployment
2. Deployment Guidelines
3. ESX 4 Installation (HOL)
4. ESXi 4 Server Install (HOL)
5. Configuring Hostname Resolution and NTP (HOL)
6. Troubleshooting ESX 4 Server
Chapter 4: Using Tools to Administer a VMware Environment
1. Overview of 3rd Party Tools
2. ESX/ESXI Management (vSphere Client, vCLI, Putty,
PowerCLI, Web) (HOL)
3. Troubleshooting the vSphere Client (VIC)
Chapter 5: Configuring Networking
1. Create & Modify Virtual Networks (HOL)
2. Create & Modify Virtual Networks using CLI (HOL)
Chapter 6: Configuring Storage
1. Storage Concepts
2. iSCSI Storage (GUI & Command Line) (HOL)
3. Fibre Channel Storage (GUI & Command Line)
4. VMFS Datastores (GUI & Command Line) (HOL)
5. NAS Storage and NFS Datastores (GUI & Command Line)
6. Raw Device Mapping (RDM) (HOL)
Chapter 7: vCenter Server 4 and Licensing
2. vCenter Server 4 Installation (HOL)
3. vCenter Server 4 Inventory (HOL)
4. Managing vCenter Server 4 (HOL)
5. Planning vCenter Server 4
6. Troubleshooting vCenter
Server 4 Deployment
Chapter 8: VM Creation and Configuration & Snapshots
1. Create a VM (HOL)
2. Create Multiple VMs, Templates & Clones (HOL)
3. Virtual Appliances (HOL)
4. VMware vCenter Converter 4 (P2V, V2V) (HOL)
5. Manage VMs (HOL)
6. Virtual Machine Startup / Shutdown
7. Virtual Machine Snapshots (HOL)
8. Web Access (HOL)
9. Troubleshooting Virtual Machines
Chapter 9: Security and Permissions
1. Controlling User Access and passwords (HOL)
2. ESX AD Integration (HOL)
3. Managing Firewalls (HOL)
4. SSH Access (HOL)
5. Running Elevated Commands (su, sudo, setuid/setgid)
6. VMSafe and vShield Zones (HOL)
Chapter 10: Server and VM Monitoring
1. Optimizing Resources
2. Monitor VM Performance (HOL)
3. Configuring Alarms (HOL)
4. ESX and vCenter Logs (HOL)
Chapter 11: Advanced ESX and vCenter Management
1. Storage Views & Topology Maps
2. Storage VMotion (HOL)
3. Configuring VMotion (HOL)
4. Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) (HOL)
5. Resource Pools and Monitoring (HOL)
6. vNetwork Distributed Virtual Switches (HOL)
7. Host Profiles (HOL)
8. Linked Mode Group of vCenter Servers
Chapter 12: Patching and Upgrading ESX/ESXi
1. Patching ESXServer 4 (HOL)
2. Patching with Update Manager (HOL)
3. Upgrades and Migrations (HOL)
4. Upgrading from ESX 3.x to ESX 4.x (HOL)
Chapter 13: Disaster Recovery and Backup
1. Site Recovery Manager (SRM)
2. High Availability (HA) (HOL)
3. VM Fault Tolerance
4. Microsoft Clustering
5. Backup Strategies
6. Using VCB Command Line Utilities
7. VMware Data Recovery (HOL)
8. Third Party Backups (HOL)
- About all of the new and exciting features of
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Individuals should have experience on Microsoft Windows and/or Linux Servers.
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
10 business day cancellation policy. if the course is confirmed and the student cancels within 10 days of the course, then they get charged and apply a credit for future courses. If they cancel outside of 10 business days, then there are no charges at all.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1329 times.