This 5-day intensive (10hr/day) VMware® vSphere 4.0Ultimate Bootcamp® is taught by top virtualization experts and offers hands-on labs designed to expose the student to advanced virtualization concepts and the VMware® vSphere 4.0 product suite.
- Course Outline
This 5-day intensive (10hr/day) VMware® vSphere 4.0Ultimate Bootcamp® is taught by top virtualization experts and offers hands-on labs designed to expose the student to advanced virtualization concepts and the VMware® vSphere 4.0 product suite. This comprehensive class prepares the student to become a certified professional virtualization expert with the Certified Virtualization Expert 4.0® (CVE 4.0®) certification to attest to their knowledge of the material and technology.
Learn More About the Ultimate Boot Camp... Ultimate Bootcamps® give the student in-depth skills training through hands-on experience with state-of-the-art equipment. The focus of the CVE 4.0® training is to instill the knowledge required for the student to do their job efficiently and effectively first. To accomplish this, the Bootcamp provides a comprehensive, A-Z training experience, starting from the installation of the licensed product to real world troubleshooting scenarios. The course’s focus is not limited only to learning and harnessing the power of VMware®, but the entire concept of virtualization, 3rd party tools, and technologies that will enhance VMware® capabilities and increase the student’s virtualization expertise.
Work on VMware® HCL Hardware & Perform Real World Labs Each student is assigned their own dedicated Dell Poweredge server with 24 hour access during the Bootcamp week. Students will perform all labs on hardware you find in a real data centers and not PC’s like you find in other VMware Training courses. Having 24/7 unlimited access to a real world data center means the student can leverage the learning experience by revisiting labs where other courses have limited hours and access to servers. This
flexibility allows students to learn at their own pace without time constraints or distractions.
The Ultimate Bootcamp® has over 50 labs, the most of any training program available, leading to 65% of the class time spent learning by hands-on labs.
The time spent performing hands-on labs allows the student to develop the skills, knowledge, and techniques needed to implement vSphere 4 in your production environment.
Qualified Instructors Make A Difference The Ultimate Bootcamp® instructors are not just instructors. They are also consultants who have performed small, medium, and large consolidation projects, and who have real world experience using the virtualization technology and techniques that they teach. Bringing this experience into the
classroom gives the student a real training experience not found in other 9-5 training programs. Students are able to work on their own, bring their questions into the classroom, and ask the “What If” questions that they are working on in their own live environment.
Essential Third Party Tools Any job is easy when you have the right tools. In the Ultimate Bootcamp® the student will be introduced to and learn how to apply third party tools that when utilized in conjunction with VMware, will not only enhance students’ skills, but also simplify processes, optimize efficiency, and make their jobs that much easier.
Quality “Resourceware” and Follow-on Continuing Education With more than 750 pages and a 250 page lab book, this Ultimate Bootcamp® courseware is intuitively designed to help the student easily move through the chapters regardless of their level of
experience and will serve as a reference source even after the class.
This unique feature of all Ultimate Bootcamps® is what attracts so many students looking for a great training experience.
Course Objectives * About all of the new and exciting features of VMware® vSphere 4.0
* Foundational terms and concepts concerning virtualization
* How to install, configure, and support ESX Server 4 and vCenter 4
* How to configure Virtual Machines, templates, and clones
* How to configure Virtual Networking including vNetwork Distributed Switches & vShield Zones & how to support VMotion & iSCSI Multipathing.
* P2V, V2V, V2P, and P2P methods and techniques
* Server Consolidation procedures and reasoning
* Tools to support a virtual infrastructure -
VMware®, PlateSpin®, Vizioncore™, Veeam, and more
* VMotion™, Storage VMotion, Distributed Power Mgt (DPM), Update Manager, Power Mgmt, Guided Consolidation, Fault Tolerance, Clustering – DRS/HA, etc.
* Best Practices within a Virtual Enterprise
* How to perform backups in the ESX environment – Service Console and Virtual Machines – VCB and Data Recovery
* How to use the Command Line Interface for supporting ESX & ESXi Servers - ESX commands
* Configure and optimize storage - FC, iSCSI, NFS, Multipathing, and Thin Provisioning
Chapter 1: Course Intro & Methodology *HOL
Chapter 2: Virtualization Overview
Chapter 3: Planning & Installing ESX 4 1. Planning ESX 4 Server Deployment
2. Deployment Guidelines
3. ESX 4 Installation *HOL
4. ESX 4 Management
5. Configuring Hostname Resolution and NTP *HOL
6. Troubleshooting ESX 4 Server
Chapter 4: Using Tools to Administer a VMware Environment 1. Overview of 3rd Party Tools *HOL
2. Windows Commands vs. Linux Commands
3. ESX 4 Configuration Commands
4. Summary of Remote CLI Commands
Chapter 5: Configuring Networking 1. Create & Modify Virtual Networks *HOL
2. Create & Modify Virtual Networks using CLI *HOL
Chapter 6: Configuring Storage 1. Storage Concepts
2. iSCSI Storage (GUI & Cmd Line) *HOL
3. Fibre Channel Storage (GUI & Cmd Line)
4. VMFS Datastores (GUI & Cmd Line) *HOL
5. NAS Storage and NFS Datastores (GUI & Cmd Line) *HOL
6. Raw Device Mapping (RDM) *HOL
Chapter 7: VirtualCenter and License Server 1. Licensing
2. vCenter Server 4 Installation *HOL
3. vCenter Server 4 Inventory *HOL
4. Managing vCenter Server 4
5. Planning vCenter Server 4 Deployment
6. Troubleshooting vCenter Server 4 Deployment
7. Troubleshooting the vSphere Client *HOL
Chapter 8: VM Creation and Configuration & Snapshots 1. Create a VM *HOL
2. Create Multiple VMs, Templates & Clones *HOL
3. Virtual Appliances *HOL
4. VMware vCenter Converter 4 (P2V, V2V) *HOL
5. Manage VMs *HOL
6. Virtual Machine Startup / Shutdown
7. Virtual Machine Snapshots *HOL
8. Web Access *HOL
9. Troubleshooting Virtual Machines
Chapter 9: Security and Permissions 1. Security Overview *HOL
2. User Access *HOL
3. ESX AD Integration *HOL
4. Managing Firewalls *HOL
5. Advanced Security: SSH & SUDO *HOL
Chapter 10: Advanced ESX and VirtualCenter Management 1. Configuring Resource Pools *HOL
2. Configuring VMotion *HOL
3. Storage VMotion *HOL
4. Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) *HOL
5. Resource Pools in DRS Clusters *HOL
6. Host Profiles *HOL
7. vNetwork Distributed Virtual Switch *HOL
8. Cisco Nexus 1000v Virtual Switch
Chapter 11: Patching and Upgrading ESX 1. Patching ESX Server 4 *HOL
2. Upgrades and Migrations *HOL
3. Update Manager *HOL
4. Upgrading from ESX 3.x to ESX 4.x *HOL
Chapter 12: Disaster Recovery and Backup 1. Site Recovery Manager (SRM)
2. High Availability (HA) *HOL
3. VMware Fault Tolerance
4. Microsoft Clustering
5. Backup Strategies
6. Using VCB Command Line Utilities *HOL
7. VMware Data Recovery *HOL
8. Third Party Backups *HOL
Chapter 13: Server and VM Monitoring 1. Tools for Optimization
2. Monitor VM Performance *HOL
2. Configuring Alarms *HOL
3. Collecting Log Files *HOL
Chapter 14: Installing and Configuring ESXi 1. ESXi 4 Server Install *HOL
2. Managing ESXi 4 with VIC
3. Managing ESXI 4 through VirtualCenter
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
10 business day cancellation policy. if the course is confirmed and the student cancels within 10 days of the course, then they get charged and apply a credit for future courses. If they cancel outside of 10 business days, then there are no charges at all.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 475 times.