In the Crash Course, you’ll learn how to cut costs and delays by improving communication between business stakeholders and developers through requirements analysis and documentation and by guaranteeing results through testing and quality assurance.
- Course Outline
An intensive course covering all aspects of the Business Analyst role Â– from requirements gathering to testing. All major techniques Â– both Structured and Object-Oriented (OO) Â– are addressed in this course. Each trainee receives a hard copy of all course material as well as a Job Aids booklet, containing useful templates, examples, guidelines and glossary for use back on the job.
Why: Most large companies and organizations that rely heavily on software for business operations, employ Business Analysts to communicate business needs to software developers. When analysts do not their job effectively, the result is incomplete or incorrect requirements - leading causes of spiraling development costs and project delays.
In the Crash Course, youÂ’ll learn how to cut costs and delays by improving communication between business stakeholders and developers through comprehensive requirements analysis and documentation and by guaranteeing results through structured testing and quality assurance.
What makes this course stand out from the competition?
- Value for money: No course on the market offers this amount of content in so little time. How can we do this? By removing all of the Â“fatÂ” traditionally found in BA courses.
- Scenario-based training: One integrated case study is used throughout the course to provide a consistent context for learning.
- Experience: Our course is written and delivered by professionals with extensive practical experience in business analysis.
- BABOK alignment: Our course aligned with the BABOK Â– the Business AnalystBook of Knowledge published by the IIBA: it has been developed by BABOK reviewers and is explicitly aligned with the BABOK knowledge areas.
- CBAP accreditation: The Crash course has been reviewed and certified by the IIBA and is eligible for credits towards CBAP (Certified BA Professional) accreditation.Audience:
- Entry-level IT Business Analysts and their managers
- Self-taught IT Business Analysts requiring a course that fills in the gaps and puts all the pieces together
- Systems Analysts and programmers interested in expanding their role into the business area.
- an integrated case study based on a real-life system
- one-on-one assistance during the workshop portion of the course
- Improve the quality of interviews with users using techniques that guide you through the process, showing you what questions to ask and when.
- Conduct requirements-workshop sessions (group interviews) for capturing and verifying requirements, using state-of-the-art interviewing techniques Â– including use cases and Object Oriented Analysis.
- Write a comprehensive and unambiguous Business Requirements Document, communicating the needs of the business to users and to the technical team.
- Use UML 2 Â– the current industry OO standard - in preparing business requirements and diagrams.
- Create requirements documentation that can be used as the basis for customized development, maintenance of existing systems and/or as selection criteria for offthe- shelf software.
- Gather business requirements using traditional Structured Analysis and Object- Oriented Analysis (OOA).
- Describe complex business logic and ensure completeness of testing using Decision Tables.
- Understand basic concepts of iterative development.
- Specify business processes with use cases.
- Assure quality through structured verification and validation techniques and usecase scenario testing.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
You may cancel, at no charge, a Class enrollment at least 15 days prior to the Class start date by giving us notice. If your plans change, please cancel your enrollment as soon as possible by calling 416-927-7170. A cancellation must be done on a business day at least 15 days prior to the course start date. If canceled less than 15 days before the course, it is subject to a cancellation charge equal to the list tuition fee. If a student does not attend a Class without having canceled in accordance with these Terms, you must pay the full price for the Class.
Substitutions of enrolled students in the scheduled Classes are permitted at no charge prior to the Class start on the first day. If you are sending a substitute, please let us know to avoid no show charges.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 294 times.