Perform many advanced administrative tasks such as migrating traditional ZENworks 7 Desktop Management & implementing the patch management services in a virtual environment containing SUSE Linux Enterprise, Windows XP & Windows Vista machines.
- Course Outline
Novell ZENworks Configuration Management delivers a complete range of advanced configuration management capabilities, including remote management, personality migration, standard operating environment (SOE) deployment and maintenance, hardware and software inventory, asset management, optimized application delivery for both desktop and server-based applications and much more.
In this course, you will perform many advanced administrative tasks such as migrating traditional ZENworks 7 Desktop Management and implementing the patch management services in a virtual environment containing SUSE Linux Enterprise, Windows XP and Windows Vista machines
Key Objectives In this course, you will learn how to:
* Set Up the ZENworks 10 Configuration Management Environment
* Migrate a Traditional ZENworks Environment to ZENworks 10 Configuration Management
* Implement and Manage Device Registration
* Perform Advanced Discovery and Deployment Tasks
* Manage Software Packages and Bundles
* Implement Policies
* Implement Custom Inventory and Reporting
* Perform Advanced Administration Imaging Tasks
* Configure and Deploy Patch Management
* Implement ZENworks Asset Management 10
Audience Summary Network administrators with fundamental ZENworks 10 Configuration Management administrative experience who need additional, advanced knowledge and skills to administer ZENworks Configuration Management in their environment.
Course Outline This course covers the following topics:
* Setting up the ZENworks Configuration Management environment
* Performing ZENworks Configuration Managment tasks from the command line
* Implementing Services Oriented Architecture (SOA) best practices
* Migrating a traditional ZENworks environment to ZENworks 10 Configuration Management
* Implementing and managing device registration
* Configuring Zone Registration settings
* Managing device registration from the command line
* Implementing device discovery using a CSV file
* Managing software packages and bundles
* Securing workstations with policies
* Implementing custom inventory and reporting
* Performing advanced administration imaging
* Configuring and deploying patch management
* Implementing ZENworks Asset Management
- Prerequisites & Certificates
You should have a basic understanding of the network and networking and have taken Course Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management Administration In addition, students should be familiar with the fundamentals of an LDAP-compliant Directory service (such as Novell eDirectory or Microsoft Active Directory). Some experience with fundamental Linux administration is also helpful.
- Cancellation Policy
10 business day cancellation policy. if the course is confirmed and the student cancels within 10 days of the course, then they get charged and apply a credit for future courses. If they cancel outside of 10 business days, then there are no charges at all.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 268 times.