ITIL is a set of best practices guidance that has become a worldwide-adopted framework for Information Technology Services Management (ITSM) by many Public & Private Organizations.
- Course Outline
ITIL is a set of best practices guidance that has become a worldwide-adopted framework for Information Technology Services Management (ITSM) by many Public & Private Organizations. Since early 1990, ITIL has been evolving from focusing on Functions and Processes under versions 1 and 2 to focusing on the Full Service Lifecycle Management under version 3.
21 Professional Development Units (PDUs) are available for Project Managers
In addition to the existing benefits of aligning IT goals and objectives with the business, improving quality and reducing cost of operation; ITSM and ITIL V3 now emphasizes the following areas:
- Assist in transforming IT Service Management onto a strategic business asset
- Assist in defining and managing the complete lifecycle of IT Service Management Process
- Provide guidance on the development of Services Strategy, the development of Service Design, the Transition of Services from current to desired state, the Implementation and the Continuous improvement of the those Services
This exam-preparatory course provides comprehensive coverage of foundation concepts within the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) V3. Through lectures and practice exam questions participants explore the concepts of good practice in IT Service Management based on the ITIL V3 Framework.
Included in this course is the ITIL V3 Foundation formal certification exam.Duration
Three days with exam on the following morning after the course from 10am-11am (40 multiple choice).Delivery Method
- Instructor led
- Classroom environment
- Executives and key stakeholders
- Process Owners and Managers
- Senior technical and operational staff
- IT professionals and Consultants
- IT customers
An effective lecture designed at achieving a clear understanding the new ITIL V3 Best Practice and Service Management lifecycle model.
- To provide participants with a strong understanding of the ITIL V3 Service Lifecycle approach, Service models and framework, ITIL common language, processes definitions and relationships, benefits and goals.
To provide participants a firm foundation in IT Service Management best practices, the knowledge and pre-requisite to prepare for the ITIL V3 Foundation Certification exam.
- Overview of the drivers for ITIL V3
- Key differences between ITIL V2 and ITIL V3 – What are the major changes?
- New concepts, definitions and terminology
- Key processes and functions
- The evolution of Service management
- Definition of Service and Service Management
- Service Management as best practice
- The importance of adopting a service and continual improvement culture and approach
- Interface to other framework and standards (i.e. ISO/IEC 20000)
- Objectives and business value
- The main components (the new books) within the 5 stages in the lifecycle:
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Service Operation
- Continual Service Improvement
- Types of service providers
- Five key aspects of Service Design
- The 7 “Rs” of Change Management
- Service “V” model
- Continual Service Improvement model
- The need for IT Governance and control
- Process development characteristic and guidelines
- Service Portfolio Management
- Service Level Management
- Incident Management
- Change Management
- Demand Management
- Financial Management
- Service Catalogue Management
- Availability Management
- Capacity Management
- Supplier Management
- Information Security Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Release and Deployment Management
- Event Management
- Problem Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Access Management
- The 7 step improvement process
- Service Desk
- Application Management,
- Operations Management
- Technical Management
- Key roles and responsibilities
- Technology and Architecture considerations
- The Foundation V3 training program includes the following as reference documentation:
- Course Manual
- Exam study guide
- ITIL V3 acronyms and glossary
- Sample examination questions and answers
- What will happen to current certifications and qualifications?
- When should we start adopting ITIL V3 concepts?
- Do I have to read all the books?
- What will happen to our ITIL V2 investments?
- Will tools still satisfy ITIL?
- How does ITIL V3 map to other quality standard such as ISO/IEC 20000
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
10 business day cancellation policy. if the course is confirmed and the student cancels within 10 days of the course, then they get charged and apply a credit for future courses. If they cancel outside of 10 business days, then there are no charges at all.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
We have not received any reviews specific to this course as yet, however here are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 2861 times.