This course will enable you to plan and prepare for a career as a BA Professional. You’ll learn the preparatory steps required for qualification to sit the CBAP (Certified BA Professional) exam and create your own CBAP certification preparation plan.
- Course Outline
A course offered to new and existing BAs who plan to make a career in Business Analysis and plan to move from Junior to (Senior) Business Analyst Professional. The course is particularly addressed to the trainee who is considering acquiring the CBAP (Certified BA Professional) designation. You will learn what responsibilities and skills you will need to make the transition to BA Professional, as well as tips for carrying out the enhanced role. As well, this course will enable you to plan and prepare for a career as a certified BA Professional. You’ll learn the preparatory steps required for qualification to sit the CBAP (Certified BA Professional) exam and create your own, personalized CBAP certification preparation plan.
Why: You are considering a move up from Junior to Senior BA Professional and are not sure what the enhanced role involves
- In this course, you’ll learn what the marketplace expects in the senior role
- You’ll learn the hard and soft skills and responsibilities and take a self-assessment test.
- In this course, you’ll develop a personalized certification plan.
- In this course you’ll learn tips for initiating communication with stakeholders and keeping them involved, learn tips for managing conflicts amongst stakeholders, learn how to assist the PM in assessing and mitigating requirements risks and learn rules of thumb for selecting the right techniques for the right project.
- The only course to clarify the distinction between BA staff levels (Junior vs. Senior (Professional) BA)
- Actionable personalized plan for becoming a BA professional
- Specific guidance for qualifying for and preparing for CBAP certificationAudience:
- IT Business Analysts and their managers
- Systems Analysts and programmers interested in expanding their role into the business area.
- Understand the role of the BA and the business contexts where BA skills are employed
- Understand the difference between a Junior and a Professional BA (Senior BA)
- Be aware of the responsibilities and business ethics expected of a Professional BA
- Be able to assess your readiness for a career as a professional BA
- Understand the professional BA certification process (CBAPTM: Certified BA Professional) as administered by the IIBATM
- Prepare a plan leading to CBAPTM certification
- Know about key areas of the BABOKTM (BA Book of Knowledge).
- Categorize BA best practices within the BA Body of Knowledge (BABOK™) published by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA™)
- Explain the 6 key BA Knowledge Areas as defined in the BABOK™
- Characteristics of a Professional BA
- The BA role both in an IT and non-IT context
- Difference between BA levels: Junior BA vs. Professional (Senior) BA
- Best practices that characterize a Professional Business Analyst
- Types of requirements
- How project type impacts the tasks performed by the Professional BA
- Requirements risks and mitigation strategies for different types of projects
- Tips for fostering good stakeholder relationships
- Tips for promoting good information sharing
- Tips for diffusing stakeholder conflicts
- Overview of Underlying Fundamentals as defined in the BABOKTM
- Overview of the IIBATM and BABOKTM
- What services does the IIBATM provides to the Professional BA?
- Purpose of the BABOK
- Definition of BA Knowledge Areas as contained in the BABOKTM
- Tips for designing surveys
- Activities and deliverables used by the Professional BA in the following BA
- Enterprise Analysis and business architecture
- Requirements Planning and Management
- Requirements Elicitation
- Requirements Analysis and Documentation
- Requirements Communication
- Solution Assessment and Validation
- CBAPTM Eligibility and Application Procedure
- Overview of the professional BA certification program administered by the IIBATM
- The CBAPTM accreditation process
- Self-assessment re: readiness to acquire CBAPTM accreditation
- Requirements for work experience and knowledge
- What type of experience is eligible/ ineligible
- Required references
- Professional Development
- What to expect when you sit the CBAP exam
- Building a BA Professional Development Plan
- Market forces driving the demand for BA Professionals
- Overview of emerging standards in IT governance, and Service Management
- CMMI, ITIL, COBIT, PIPEDA
- Code of Ethical Conduct and Professional Standards (IIBATM)
- Tips for acquiring BA resources
- Leveraging your self-assessment to identify BA professional development opportunities
- Building your own plan to acquire CBAPTM accreditation
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
You may cancel, at no charge, a Class enrollment at least 15 days prior to the Class start date by giving us notice. If your plans change, please cancel your enrollment as soon as possible by calling 416-927-7170. A cancellation must be done on a business day at least 15 days prior to the course start date. If canceled less than 15 days before the course, it is subject to a cancellation charge equal to the list tuition fee. If a student does not attend a Class without having canceled in accordance with these Terms, you must pay the full price for the Class.
Substitutions of enrolled students in the scheduled Classes are permitted at no charge prior to the Class start on the first day. If you are sending a substitute, please let us know to avoid no show charges.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 376 times.