This practical, hands-on course will provide a flexible requirements development approach customized to your environment and the skills needed to successfully discover, analyze, communicate, and evaluate requirements.
- Course Outline
Clear, concise, and accurate requirements will help avoid late, over budget, or cancelled projects. Too much documentation or inflexible requirements can bog down a project. Find the right mix of formal written requirements and Agile documentation -- user stories, use cases, prototypes, and visual models -- that works best for you. This practical, hands-on course will provide a flexible requirements development approach customized to your environment and the skills needed to successfully discover, analyze, communicate, and evaluate requirements.
- Many acknowledge that their processes need some improvement but feel helpless to do much about the problem. In this course you will learn how to fill the critical information gaps and freshen up those stale requirements processes in a highly practical way. Take away a new awareness of what "good" requirements are really about and the skills to help you complete your project on time and on budget.
- This course offers interactive exercises to provide practical experience and improve your requirements development skills. Use a real-world case study to identify stakeholders, develop a vision statement, and produce concise, accurate, and usable requirements documentation. Find ways to transfer the newly learned techniques back to your organization’s requirements process and take away a framework for understanding business and user needs to develop a suitable software solution.
- Powerful techniques for identifying, documenting, and verifying requirements
- The best of both the formal Plan-Driven and Agile requirements approaches
- Use the Product Vision as a roadmap to success
- How to elicit and document system requirements
- New skills with practical, interactive exercises
Topics Overview of Essential Software Requirements
- Types of requirements
- The benefits of "good" requirements
- When and how much to document requirements
- The WebPhlyx Case Study
Development Approaches and Requirements
- Plan-Driven—values, core practices, and documentation
- Agile—values, core practices, and documentation
- Product Vision—the foundation of the project effort
- Understanding business requirements
- The role of the product champion
- Identifying and involving stakeholders
- User classes and user representatives
- Developing the Product Vision document
- Exercise – Create a Product Vision statement
- User, functional, and non-functional requirements and business rules
- Mandatory vs. preferred requirements
- Business rules—facts, constraints, action enablers, computations, and terms
- Information sources and the discovery process
- Formal documentation and tools
- Plan-Driven documentation
- Agile documentation
- Visual models
Exercise – Create a state-transition diagram
- Working together
- Joint Application Development (JAD)
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
You may cancel, at no charge, a Class enrollment at least 15 days prior to the Class start date by giving us notice. If your plans change, please cancel your enrollment as soon as possible by calling 416-927-7170. A cancellation must be done on a business day at least 15 days prior to the course start date. If canceled less than 15 days before the course, it is subject to a cancellation charge equal to the list tuition fee. If a student does not attend a Class without having canceled in accordance with these Terms, you must pay the full price for the Class.
Substitutions of enrolled students in the scheduled Classes are permitted at no charge prior to the Class start on the first day. If you are sending a substitute, please let us know to avoid no show charges.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 315 times.