In the Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Level 2 course, you will manage team sites as a site owner and as a SharePoint Services administrator.
- Course Outline
In your previous experience, you have used the features of a WSS team site and you have also performed some basic administration of WSS team sites as a site owner. Once you have mastered these basic skills, your job might require you to perform more advanced administration of the sites you own, or even administer multiple sites and the SharePoint Services environment as a whole. In the Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Level 2 course, you will manage team sites as a site owner and as a SharePoint Services administrator.
This course is designed for individual contributors or departmental staff in a variety of job roles, such as administrative assistants, or functional or operations managers, who have with basic SharePoint site owner skills, and who have the responsibility for managing SharePoint sites as an enabling technology within their workgroups, not necessarily IT tech professionals.
Course Completion Skills:
- create a site collection.
- manage basic site collection components.
- manage lists.
- manage a discussion board.
- manage document libraries.
- manage a form library.
- manage site access permissions.
- manage WSS content.
- manage a workflow.
- work with indexing and searching.
- manage a SharePoint application using Central Administration.
- manage security options in WSS.
- manage site usage.
- perform site maintenance.
- Topic 1A: Identify the Planning Process of a Site Collection
- Topic 1B: Create a Site Collection
- Topic 2A: Brand a Site Collection
- Topic 2B: Manage a Web Part Gallery
- Topic 3A: Create an Issue Tracking List
- Topic 3B: Create a Project Task List
- Topic 3C: Apply Formulas and Functions to a List Column
- Topic 3D: Create a Custom List
- Topic 3E: Customize List Settings
- Topic 3F: Work Offline with Shared Calendars
- Topic 4A: Create a Discussion Board
- Topic 4B: Customize Existing Discussion Boards
- Topic 5A: Create Library Templates
- Topic 5B: Organize Documents in a Library
- Topic 5C: Share Documents Across Libraries
- Topic 5D: Apply Information Rights Management to a Library
- Topic 6A: Create a Form Library
- Topic 6B: Customize Form Templates Using InfoPath
- Topic 7A: Assign Group Permissions
- Topic 7B: Manage User Permissions
- Topic 7C: Set Site Level Security
- Topic 8A: Create a Content Type
- Topic 8B: Apply Content Types to a List
- Topic 9A: Add a Workflow
- Topic 9B: Run a Workflow
- Topic 10A: Index List Content
- Topic 10B: Enable Search Options
- Topic 11A: Use Central Administration
- Topic 11B: Add Administrative Tasks
- Topic 12A: Set Web Part Security
- Topic 12B: Set Antivirus Options
- Topic 12C: Manage Blocked File Types
- Topic 12D: Explore Authentication Modes
- Topic 13A: Set Site Collection Quotas and Locks
- Topic 13B: Monitor Site Usage
- Topic 14A: Recover Lost Information
- Topic 14B: Perform a Backup
- Topic 14C: Restore a Backup
- Appendix A: Additional SharePoint Reference Material
- Appendix B: Permission Categories
- Appendix C: File Types That Cannot be Added to a List or a Library
- Prerequisites & Certificates
The following course or equivalent experience is required: Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Level 1 Some familiarity with basic Windows server concepts and Internet Information Server (IIS) is recommended but not required.
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
ctc TrainCanada - We Never Cancel*:
We are unique in the corporate training field in that we do not cancel desktop applications courses due to low enrollment. When there are less than 3 students, ctc TrainCanada will personalize the class (students then receive more time with the instructor to address their individual needs allowing the student to complete the full course in less time) or connect the student remotely to a class at one of our other branches via TrainLive remote classroom instruction. *Microsoft Certified Courses and other technical courses require a minimum enrollment of three students. Business Skills courses require multiple students in order to run due to the interactive nature of the training. Selected Desktop Applications courses may require a minimum enrollment of two students to run. ctc TrainCanada® reserves the right to deliver Microsoft Certified and other technical courses via TrainLive remote classroom instruction in order to guarantee the course to run.
ctc TrainCanada Cancellation policy:
You may cancel or reschedule this registration in writing with no penalty with a minimum of 10 business days' notice prior to the first day of the course. Full payment is required if you cancel or reschedule this registration within 10 business days prior to the first day of the course. However, substitutions are welcome. If you do need to cancel or reschedule a publicly scheduled course within the 10 day non-cancellation period (not a client dedicated course), payment is to be made and a training voucher for a public course will be issued to you. This allows you to attend a future date for the same course at no charge (subject to availability).
No-shows will not be issued a training voucher.
Complimentary Service: We offer all our students coffee, tea, juice or pop, muffins or pastries in the morning and cookies baked in our own oven each afternoon.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 474 times.