- Software Testing and Quality Assurance Training Courses
- Certified Tester - Foundation Level Training (3 Days + Optional Exam)
Software Testing Certification is an accredited training course to prepare you for the ISTQB Certified TesterFoundation Level exam. Certified by the Project Management Institute - You will earn 22.5 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course
- Course Outline
Are you looking for an internationally recognized certification in software testing? Delivered by top experts in the testing industry, Software Testing Certification is an accredited training course to prepare you for the ISTQB™ Certified Tester—Foundation Level exam. This program is the only internationally accepted certification for software testing, accredited by the ISTQB™ through its network of national boards. The ISTQB™, a non-proprietary organization, has granted more than 40,000 certifications in more than twenty countries around the globe.
There is an optional exam offered with this course. An additional fee of $250 will apply.
Certified by the Project Management Institute - You will earn 22.5 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
Overview Fundamentals of Software Testing
- Software context: Why does software fail?
- Principles, scope, and focus of testing
- Debugging vs. testing
- Understanding risk
- Risk analysis: prioritizing using risk analysis
- Goals of testing
- The basic testing process
- Test psychology – viewpoints on testing
Testing Throughout the Software Lifecycle
- Testing and development
- Testing begins at requirements
- Lifecycle models and testing: the V-model
- Verification and validation
- Testing levels/stages within the lifecycle
- Understanding regression testing
- Understanding test types
- What is static testing?
- Reviews, inspections, walkthroughs, etc.
- General review process
- Common types of reviews
- Roles and responsibilities in reviews
- Success factors for reviews
- Limits of reviews
- Understanding static analysis tools
Test Design Techniques
- Overview of test design and the design approach
- Documentation decision
- Types of test design techniques
- Human/experienced-based methods
- Black box (functional) techniques
- White box (structural) techniques
- Experienced-based techniques
- Selecting the appropriate test technique
- Team organization
- Roles and responsibilities
- Understanding the test manager
- Understanding the tester
- Test planning and strategy
- Configuration management and testing
- Defect/incident classification and management
Tool Support for Testing
- Selection process
- Risks and concerns
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
You may cancel, at no charge, a Class enrollment at least 15 days prior to the Class start date by giving us notice. If your plans change, please cancel your enrollment as soon as possible by calling 416-927-7170. A cancellation must be done on a business day at least 15 days prior to the course start date. If canceled less than 15 days before the course, it is subject to a cancellation charge equal to the list tuition fee. If a student does not attend a Class without having canceled in accordance with these Terms, you must pay the full price for the Class.
Substitutions of enrolled students in the scheduled Classes are permitted at no charge prior to the Class start on the first day. If you are sending a substitute, please let us know to avoid no show charges.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 450 times.