Familiarity with the bash shell: File system navigation and manipulation Command line text editors like vim or nano Common tooling like curl, wget and ping
In this course, you’ll learn how to create and manage individual containers using the Docker Engine. We’ll cover best practices in container image design and container deployment and auditing, as well as an introduction to single-node container networking and storage. This course is best practices focused, and is designed to enable rapid successful adoption of containerization from first principles.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Containerization motivations and implementation
- Creating, managing and auditing containers
- Best practices in container image design
- Single-host container networking
- Provisioning external storage
Classroom Live Outline
- Introducing Docker
- Containerization Fundamentals
- Creating Images
- Docker Volumes
- Docker networking basics
- Laptop with WiFi connectivity
- Attendees should have the latest Chrome or Firefox installed, and a free account at strigo.io.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is targeted at students with the following:
- Motivations: Begin creating high performance containers for new or existing applications
- Roles: General technical audiences & IT professionals
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted. Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
your city, your province