This course, provides students with the knowledge and skills to analyze data with Power BI.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Describe self-service BI.
- Describe the Power BI suite of products.
- Connect to data sources and optimize data models.
- Shape and combine data from different sources.
- Model data.
- Create reports and manage solutions.
- Describe the Power BI developer API.
- Describe the Power BI mobile app.
Classroom Live Outline
1. Introduction to Self-Service BI Solutions
- Introduction to business intelligence
- Introduction to data analysis
- Introduction to data visualization
- Overview of self-service BI
- Considerations of self-service BI
- Microsoft tools for self-service BI
2. Introducing Power BI
- Power BI
- The Power BI service
3. Power BI
- Using Excel as a data source for Power BI
- The Power BI data model
- Using databases as a Power BI data source
- The Power BI service
4. Shaping and Combining Data
- Power BI desktop queries
- Shaping data
- Combining data
5. Modeling Data
- DAX queries
- Calculations and measures
6. Interactive Data Visualizations
- Creating Power BI reports
- Managing a Power BI solution
7. Direct Connectivity
- Cloud data
- Connecting to analysis services
8. Developer API
- The developer API
- Custom Visuals
9. Power BI mobile app
- Power BI mobile apps
- Using the Power BI mobile app
- Power BI embedded
Viewing labs for: Classroom Live
Classroom Live Labs
Lab 1: Exploring an Enterprise BI Solution
Lab 2: Creating a Power BI Dashboard
Lab 3: Importing Data into Power BI
Lab 4: Shaping and Combining Data
Lab 5: Modeling Data
Lab 6: Creating a Power BI Report
Lab 7: Direct Connectivity
Lab 8: Using the Developer API
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases and reporting.
- Basic knowledge of data warehouse schema topology (including star and snowflake schemas)
- Some exposure to basic programming concepts (such as looping and branching)
- An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The primary audience for this course is BI professionals who need to analyze data utilizing Power BI. The secondary audiences for this course are technically proficient business users
Redeeming your Microsoft Software Assurance Training Vouchers:
- 3 Day SATV for a Virtual Classroom Live session
- 3 Day SATV for a Classroom Live session
- 2 Day SATV for an individual On-Demand course
The following course guides database or business intelligence professionals with the ability to further analyze data and share their findings, starting with managed BI data sources and expanding to personal and external/public data sources.
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted. Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
your city, your province