Prework for this course should be completed one week in advance and brought to class.
Are you spending your time efficiently? More and more people are encountering stress, overwork, and the pressure of time constraints at work. Even the most organized person can sometimes feel overwhelmed and frustrated. Workloads seem impossible and chaotic and handling multiple assignments and demands from several people is the norm rather than the exception.
It's no secret that highly successful people are those who have learned to control their days. Time is our most precious and important resource and the ability to manage it effectively is a critical factor to success in today's workplace. To help you achieve better results and higher productivity, this workshop will introduce you to practical "how-to" techniques.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Articulate clear goals
- Plan the most effective way to spend your time in order to meet your goals
- Prioritize and schedule important tasks and activities
- Use practical strategies to identify the best use of your time "in the moment"
- Evaluate the effectiveness of how you actually spend your time
Classroom Live Outline
1. Identify Goals
- Importance of having clear goals
- Finding focus
- Articulating your goals
- Using the KUBA model to manage priorities
2. Plan Activities
- Planning the most effective way to spend your time
- Scheduling time-specific and important activities
- Creating and prioritizing a To Do list
- Managing your workload
3. Implement Plans
- Managing unscheduled demands
- Reducing the impact of interruptions
- Minimizing timewasters
4. Evaluate Results
- Evaluating your plan and its implementation
- Making adjustments to your plan
- Tips for success
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Managers, supervisors, section heads, and team leaders
- Secretaries, clerks, administrative and support staff
- Coordinators, assistant directors, payables and receivables clerks
- Purchasing officers, production personnel, sales and marketing representatives
- Anyone who juggles multiple tasks and deadlines
This course qualifies you for the following PMI® Professional Development Units (PDUs):
Classroom Live and Virtual Classroom Live
- Strategic and Business Management = 7
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted. Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
your city, your province