This course is the first in a series of three Microsoft Office Word 2003 courses. It will provide you with the basic concepts required to produce basic business documents.
- Course Start Date: Jun. 29
- Location: Toronto
- Time: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 1 day
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Assisted (Mentored)
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Microsoft Word Training Courses
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Word processing is the use of computers to create, revise, and save documents for printing and future retrieval. This course is the first in a series of three Microsoft Office Word 2003 courses. It will provide you with the basic concepts required to produce basic business documents.
Introducing the Acend Modern Classroom
Classes Guaranteed to Run
An assessment process takes place at the start of class that results in the creation of a personalized learning plan for each participant . We integrate each individual's specific project objectives with their skill gaps to create the learning prescription. The instructor assumes the role of consultant and guides each participant through the process of filling the critical gaps identified in the learning plan.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
* create a basic document.
* edit documents by locating and modifying text.
* format text.
* format paragraphs.
* use Word tools to make your documents more accurate.
* add tables to a document.
* add graphic elements to a document.
* control a document's page setup and its overall appearance.
Lesson 1: Creating a Basic Document
* Topic 1A: The Word Environment
* Topic 1B: Get Help Using Word
* Topic 1C: Enter Text
* Topic 1D: Save a New Document
* Topic 1E: Preview a Document
* Topic 1F: Print a Document
Lesson 2: Editing a Document
* Topic 2A: Navigate in a Document
* Topic 2B: Insert Text
* Topic 2C: Select Text
* Topic 2D: Create an AutoText Entry
* Topic 2E: Move and Copy Text
* Topic 2F: Delete Blocks of Text
* Topic 2G: Undo Changes
* Topic 2H: Find and Replace Text
Lesson 3: Formatting Text
* Topic 3A: Change Font and Size
* Topic 3B: Apply Font Styles and Effects
* Topic 3C: Change Text Color
* Topic 3D: Highlight Text
* Topic 3E: Copy Formats
* Topic 3F: Clear Formatting
* Topic 3G: Find and Replace Text Formatting
Lesson 4: Formatting Paragraphs
* Topic 4A: Set Tabs
* Topic 4B: Change Paragraph Alignment
* Topic 4C: Indent Paragraphs
* Topic 4D: Add Borders and Shading
* Topic 4E: Apply Styles
* Topic 4F: Create Lists
* Topic 4G: Change Spacing Between Paragraphs and Lines
Lesson 5: Proofing a Document
* Topic 5A: Use the Thesaurus
* Topic 5B: Check Spelling and Grammar
* Topic 5C: Create a New Default Dictionary
* Topic 5D: Check Word Count
* Topic 5E: Modify a Document in Print Preview
Lesson 6: Adding Tables
* Topic 6A: Create a Table
* Topic 6B: Enter Data in a Table
* Topic 6C: AutoFormat a Table
* Topic 6D: Convert Text into a Table
Lesson 7: Inserting Graphic Elements
* Topic 7A: Insert Symbols and Special Characters
* Topic 7B: Insert a Clip Art Picture
* Topic 7C: Add a Watermark
Lesson 8: Controlling Page Appearance
* Topic 8A: Set Page Orientation
* Topic 8B: Change Page Margins
* Topic 8C: Apply a Page Border
* Topic 8D: Add Headers and Footers
* Topic 8E: Insert a Page Break
Appendix A: Microsoft Office Specialist Program
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations or postponements received more than ten business days prior to the first day of the course will be fully refunded less a $75 processing fee. The cost of the course is payable, in full, for any cancellations or postponements received within ten business days, or less, prior to the first day of the course.
- Map & Reviews
Acend Corporate Learning
[ View Provider's Profile ]
Toronto Training Center
69 Yonge St
Canada M5H 1A1
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 13 times.