This course is designed to help users who are familiar with Word’s basic features take their skills to the next level. The topics covered include using tools like styles, macros, templates, mail merge, and building blocks to automate tasks. Students will also learn how to create complex documents using tables, charts, and various types of illustrations.
Working with Tables and Charts
- To begin the course, students will learn how to work with tables by sorting data, controlling cell layout, and performing calculations. Students will also learn how to create and modify charts.
Customizing Formats Using Styles and Themes
- This lesson focuses on creating and modifying text, list, and table styles. Applying and customizing document themes will also be covered.
Using Images in a Document
- This lesson will cover resizing images, adjusting image appearance, and integrating pictures and text. Adding screenshots and videos to a document are also discussed.
Creating Custom Graphic Elements
- Several other types of graphics are covered in this lesson, including text boxes, shapes, WordArt, and SmartArt.
Inserting Content Using Quick Parts
- This lesson takes a closer look at Building Blocks, particularly Quick Parts and fields.
Controlling Text Flow
- This lesson covers four main techniques for controlling text flow: setting paragraph options, using section breaks, formatting text as columns, and linking text boxes.
- This lesson explores how to create, modify, and manage templates.
Using Mail Merge
- This lesson focuses on performing a mail merge. Information is also provided on creating a data source and merging envelopes and labels.
- The final lesson of this course looks at automating tasks using macros.
Eliquo Training and Development Inc. will make every attempt to be flexible in regards to class cancellations and rescheduling. In an attempt to make sure that everyone enjoys a consistent training experience, Eliquo offers the following cancellation policy: Any student cancellation that occurs a minimum of six (6) business days prior to a scheduled class is eligible for a full class credit or a 100% refund on the cost of the class. Due to scheduling logistics, if you cancel or re-schedule a registration within five (5) business days of the course date, payment is due in full at that time and will be held as a credit towards a re-scheduled date or a future course booking. Course credits are valid for 12 months from the date of the original class booking. All cancellations and rescheduling must be in writing and sent either by email to email@example.com or by fax to 647.258.9319. Verbal communication of a cancellation will not meet our refund requirements. In the event that a class is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment, your full registration fee will be refunded or you can reserve a seat in the next available class. You will be notified of a class cancellation at least five (5) business days in advance of the scheduled class. Eliquo Training and Development Inc. reserves the right to postpone or cancel a class at any time, in which case the refund and rescheduling policy would apply. Eliquo Training and Development Inc. is not liable for any travel expenses incurred by the student, even in the event of a cancellation.
web-conferencing system using GoToMeeting