This course will introduce students to Microsoft Word’s most important features. Key topics include creating a new document, making it look professional and presentable, adding graphics, and customizing the Microsoft Word interface. After completing this course, students will be ready to use Microsoft Word to efficiently complete daily tasks.
Getting Started with Word
- To begin this course, students will learn about the parts of the Microsoft Word 2016 interface, how to create a basic document, and how to find help in Microsoft Word.
Editing a Document
- In this lesson, students will learn how to navigate through and select text. Modifying, finding, and replacing text is also covered.
Formatting Text and Paragraphs
- This lesson explores Microsoft Word’s formatting tools. To begin, commands on the Home tab and mini toolbar will be discussed. Then, students will learn how to arrange text using tabs and lists. Paragraph layout tools, borders, shading, styles, and formatting management techniques will also be covered.
- This lesson is all about creating, modifying, and formatting tables. Table conversion tools will also be covered.
- Sorting, renumbering, and customizing lists will be covered in this lesson.
Inserting Graphic Objects
- This lesson teaches students how to insert symbols and special characters. Techniques for adding images are also discussed.
Controlling Page Appearance
- This lesson covers page formatting options, such as page color and borders, watermarks, headers, footers, and the Page Setup dialog box.
Proofing a Document
- This lesson explores the commands on the Review tab, including spell check, the Research pane, and the thesaurus. Components of making a document accessible and how to check accessibility are also covered.
Private training is available for this course.
Eliquo Training and Development Inc. will make every attempt to be flexible in regards to class cancellations and rescheduling. In an attempt to make sure that everyone enjoys a consistent training experience, Eliquo offers the following cancellation policy: Any student cancellation that occurs a minimum of six (6) business days prior to a scheduled class is eligible for a full class credit or a 100% refund on the cost of the class. Due to scheduling logistics, if you cancel or re-schedule a registration within five (5) business days of the course date, payment is due in full at that time and will be held as a credit towards a re-scheduled date or a future course booking. Course credits are valid for 12 months from the date of the original class booking. All cancellations and rescheduling must be in writing and sent either by email to email@example.com or by fax to 647.258.9319. Verbal communication of a cancellation will not meet our refund requirements. In the event that a class is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment, your full registration fee will be refunded or you can reserve a seat in the next available class. You will be notified of a class cancellation at least five (5) business days in advance of the scheduled class. Eliquo Training and Development Inc. reserves the right to postpone or cancel a class at any time, in which case the refund and rescheduling policy would apply. Eliquo Training and Development Inc. is not liable for any travel expenses incurred by the student, even in the event of a cancellation.
web-conferencing system using GoToMeeting