Attending this course provides one with the full 35 approved contact education hours one must have prior to applying to PMI to receive permission to sit for the PMP exam.
- Course Outline
Who Should Attend
Program managers, project managers and all others who work on a project team and desire a better understanding of the project management process should attend this class. Individuals interested in obtaining their PMP® certification should also attend.
What You Will Achieve
· An understanding of the nine project management knowledge areas and the five process groups, and the ability to distinguish between core and facilitating processes of project management.
· An understanding of how to prepare for the PMP Exam®
· The ability to define the scope of a project - one of the most challenging tasks for a project management.
· An understanding of the importance of determining project activities and breaking them down to the smallest components, along with an understanding of how to manage the project schedule.
· An understanding of the differences between qualitative and quantitative risk analysis, and when it is appropriate to use each type of analysis
· The ability to manage conflict on the project team and among stakeholders, along with common communications issues and how to resolve them.
What You Will Learn
· Overview of Project Management - Introduces key project management definitions, concepts and processes.
· Overview of Project Scope Management - Defining the scope of a project is one of the most challenging tasks for a project manager. The importance of formally initiating a project and the need for proper documentation of the scope of the project is discussed, along with the importance of working with stakeholders to ensure that the project meets their expectations.
· Overview of Project Time Management - The importance of determining project activities and breaking them down to the smallest components, as well as how to manage the project schedule.
· Overview of Project Risk Management - Risk is a given on any project. The progression of risk from identification to analysis to response is covered, in addition to the importance of developing and maintaining a risk-management plan and a risk-response plan.
· Overview of Project Communications Management - There is a myriad of challenges in developing and executing a project communications plan. Participants explore how communication media, frequency and content are adapted to fulfill the communication needs of stakeholders.
· Overview of Project Human Resource Management - Learning how to effectively manage resources is paramount to the successful completion of a project. The stages of team development are covered, along with the methods used to guide teams through the various stages.
· Overview of Project Cost Management - Ways of estimating and budgeting costs are discussed, as well as effective monitoring and control of project costs.
· Overview of Project Quality Management - Quality is important to any project, regardless of size. The importance of developing and utilizing a quality plan is covered, in addition to methods of managing quality for a project.
· Overview of Project Procurement and Contract Management - The variety of types of contracts and procurement documents are covered, along with effective evaluation criteria.
· Overview of the PMP® Certification Exam - Basic information to prepare for taking the PMP® Certification exam is covered, including study resources. Information on the Professional Responsibility section of the exam is also discussed.
·What is Project Management?
·Project Scope Management
·Project Time Management
·Project Risk Management
·Project Risk Management (Conclusion)
·Project Communications Management
·Project Human Resource Management
·Project Cost Management
·Project Quality Management
·Project Procurement and Contract Management
·Preparing for the PMP® Exam
·Test Taking Tips
·Sample Exam / Exam Review
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations or postponements received more than ten business days prior to the first day of the course will be fully refunded less a $75 processing fee. The cost of the course is payable, in full, for any cancellations or postponements received within ten business days, or less, prior to the first day of the course.
- Map & Reviews
Acend Corporate Learning
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 343 times.