Just getting started with Warehousing in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central / Dynamics NAV? Looking into Advanced Warehousing and wondering if you should make the move or want to avoid costly mistakes? Are you wondering if your Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central / Dynamics NAV system is set up in the best way for your warehouse? Would you like to solve some of those pesky issues with your distribution and supply chain processes? We have the answers you’re looking for. We’ll help you understand both levels of Warehousing in the system so you can decide what level you need and what will then be required of your team, or if you’re already using Warehousing, where you may not be optimized for your inventory flow and how to resolve the gaps.
This class is taught by professionals who are experienced warehouse and logistic experts with extensive working knowledge of Business Central / NAV and understand real-world warehouse operations. The first two days are spent on navigation, basic setups, and transaction flow, and includes an exercise to configure a warehouse and process the transactions. Towards the end of Day 2 for the rest of the class, we will look at advanced setups and advanced transaction flow through the system. We will also touch on basic inventory management and troubleshooting tips. During the last day will you set up an advanced warehouse and process transactions through it.
Topics covered during the class include:
- Introduction to the Role Center
- Understanding Advanced Warehouse Concepts – slotting, UOM, picking strategies
- Understanding Inventory Setups
- Understanding Different levels of Warehousing
- Understanding Advanced warehousing
- Posting Groups
- Best Practices for Slotting
- Best Practices for Picking Strategies
- Design of Warehouse reports and KPI’s
- Best Practices for Physical and Cycle Counts
- Master Record Management and Data Cleanup
- Inventory Data
- Serial and Lot Tracking
- Migration Techniques
The agenda for the class is as follows (subject to change):
Monday (1 p.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Navigation Overview
- Personalization Overview
- Warehouse Basics & Terminology & Basic Setups
Tuesday (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Basic Transactions
- Item Setups
- Reporting and Navigating Transactions
- Advanced Warehouse Setups
Wednesday (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Advanced Setups
- Advanced Transactions
Thursday (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Inventory Control
- Basic vs. Advanced & Basic to Advanced
- Reservations, Troubleshooting & Reporting
- Best Practices Slotting, Picking and MRP
Friday (9 am. – 1 p.m.)
- Setup through load bins
- Load Inventory
- Replenishments and Cycle Count
Please note, during Friday’s session we will be covering capstone material that is critical to your take-aways from this class. Please schedule your travel after the scheduled conclusion.
Who Should Attend? Warehouse Directors, Managers and other warehousing professionals who want to leverage Business Central / NAV for streamlined management and insights into their operations.
At the end of this class, participants will be able to:
- Set up Basic Warehousing and Advanced Warehousing in Business Central / NAV
- Understand the different settings related to Basic versus Advanced Warehousing
- Understand the transactions and the flow of transactions through the system in Basic and Advanced Warehouse Settings
- Understand more advanced warehouse concepts – slotting, replenishment, picking
- Understand the changes required in process to support Advanced Warehousing
- Understand the conversion process if you want to move from one level to the next
- Register for the D365UG Professional Certificate for Inventory Management and the Professional Certificate for Warehouse Management
Field of Study: Computer Software & Applications
Program Level: Basic
Each student will receive their own hands-on learning environment via email shortly before class. Bring to class your own laptop with the training environment connected. We also recommend students bring an external mouse and a travel monitor to have a second screen when working on their laptops.
This class will be taught in Dynamics NAV 2018. If you are evaluating or use Dynamics 365 Business Central, the functionality and processes taught will be applicable with only minor differences. We will review the pertinent differences between the two user interfaces early in the class, and throughout the class we will identify any significant differences in functionality between the versions where appropriate. If you are using an earlier version of NAV, likewise we will highlight significant differences in features and functionality as appropriate.
A full refund will be issued to the student if the student cancels 28 days before the class start date, less applicable fees to process the refund. A 50% refund will be issued to the student if the student cancels less than 28 days and more than 14 days before the start date, less applicable fees to process the refund. No refund will be issued to the student if the student cancels less than 14 days before the start date. At any time, the student may elect to defer the class fee to the next offered class. If a class is cancelled by New View Strategies, the student may select whether to the defer the class fee to the next offered class or receive a full refund.
WorkSuites Las Colinas - Irving
WorkSuites Las Colinas 320 Decker Dr Suite 100