This course covers the following, through a mix of in-class lectures and practical exercises designed to introduce and expand on the following concepts, practices, and methods:
- Learn how to improve the flow of development, from Vision to Completed Product
- Practice solving the most common challenges that teams experience and how to avoid them
- Explore the challenge of collaboration across multiple teams
- Practice facilitating more effective meetings, from Daily Scrums to Retrospectives
- Improve your effectiveness with various Agile tools commonly used in the practice of Scrum
- Complete the education requirements to become a Advanced Certified ScrumMasterÂ®
Small Class-Size In Your City
Agile Pain Relief limits class sizes to ensure a high quality learning environment with more opportunities to address your questions and concerns. Local training classes mean you meet and network with other professionals near you. On-site, PRIVATE TRAINING also available.
Direct learning tailored to each class and student. No canned PowerPoint presentations or webinars. Live instruction from Certified Scrum Trainers (CST) and group exercises modelled on Agile methods.
Hands-On Applications Of Scrum Methods With Agile Theory
Practical examples and exercises use Scrum and Agile principles teach you how to adapt and practice Agile methods in your projects.
Online Course Materials And Support
Course attendees receive electronic copies of all seminar materials (including free updates to course materials as they become available). Attendees also receive a free e-book gift of The Human Side of Agile: How to Help Your Team Deliver by Gil Broza.
- Opening and Introduction
- Scrum Events â€“ How to Explain Them in a Business Setting
- Daily Scrum Gone Wrong (You Practice Facilitating to Refocus)
- Why High-Performance Teams are Magical
- Coaching vs. Facilitation â€“ When Does the Difference Matter?
- You Design a Retrospective For a Struggling Team
- Coffee and refreshments provided for breaks
- Backlog Refinement â€“ What to Do When You Don't Have a Great Vision
- The Use of Tools â€“ From Vision to Product Backlog
- How to Solve Impediments
- Achieving a Better Definition of â€œDoneâ€
- Teams and Multi-Team Scrum â€“ How to Scale without Additional Bureaucracy
- Effective Facilitation Tools and Practice
- Becoming a Better ScrumMaster â€“ Playing the Role Well
10 business days notice for full refund. After that attendees may transfer to another course in the next 6 months
Holiday Inn & Suites - Ottawa
101 Kanata Avenue