Students should be comfortable using the Excel 2013 interface and have a firm understanding of how Excel works and what it is used for. Understanding and experience with formulas, functions, and PivotTables is strongly recommended.
This course will cover techniques for manipulating and querying data, the structure of DAX functions, ways to distribute and visualize data using Pivot Charts, Slicers, Sparklines, Timelines, Power View and 3D maps.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
By the end of this course, users should be comfortable with navigating the Power Pivot and Power Query applications, manipulating data, creating queries and reports, using DAX functions, and distributing and visualizing data.
Getting Started with PowerPivot
- Enable and Navigate
- Import Data from Various Data Sources
- Refresh Data from a Data Source
- Create Linked Tables
- Organize and Format Tables
- Create Calculated Columns
- Sort and Filter PowerPivot Data
- Create and Manage Table Relationships
- Creating PowerPivot Reports
- DAX Functions
- DAX Variables
- Aggregate Functions
- How to Manipulate PowerPivot Data Using DAX Functions
- Filter Functions
- How to Extract Data From Tables Using Functions
- Time Intelligence Functions
- Create a Date Table
- How to Work with Time Dependent Data
- Distributing PowerPivot Data
- Connect to a web data source
- Connect to a spreadsheet
- Connect to a database
- Build repeatable processes to filter, clean, aggregate, and transform your data.
- Shape data in the subject table
- Remove Columns
- Replace values
- Filter values in a column
- Name a query
- Load the query to a worksheet
- Flattened PivotTables
- The PowerPivot Field List Pane
- Creating Key Performance Indicators
- Create PivotCharts
- Create Power Views
- Create 3D Maps
- Filter Data Using Slicers
- Create Sparklines
- Create Timelines
- Conditional Formatting
- Creating a Dashboard
Individuals interested in learning more about Power Pivot and Power Query applications.
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted. Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
your city, your province