Participants should have a basic knowledge of Windows and word processing prior to attending this class.
LessonsThis course is intended to enable the typical student, educator, or business user of a desktop version of Microsoft Office 2013 to productively use the key components of the Microsoft Office OneNote 2013 application on a desktop, laptop, or Microsoft Windows 8 tablet device when working in or away from the primary office or study environment.
OneNote has many features that can improve time management skills, including task lists and scheduling with Microsoft Outlook. OneNote also makes it easier to comprehend information by allowing for audio recording and even has a search feature that allows you to locate audio recordings based on specific spoken words or phrases. Research can be accomplished on the web, and links are maintained so you know where you found the information. These are just a few of the note-taking organization features that will be covered in this class.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARNUpon completion of the course, participants will be able to accomplish the following:Â Use absolute and mixed references in a formula as well as using financial functionsUse the Goal Seek feature and data tablesCreate and manage scenarios as well as create scenario reportsDefine and solve problems with Solver as well as create reportsUnderstand and utilize the various tools used to audit workbooks
OUTLINEExploring Notebook Structure
- Navigate the OneNote 2013 Environment
- Use Predesigned Templates for OneNote Notebooks
- Customize the User Interface within OneNote
- Modify Formatting in a Notebook
- Add Audio and Video to a Notebook
- Add Quick Notes and Links
- Use Tags, Symbols, Drawing Tools, and Pen Options
- Save and Export Content and Use Alternate File Types
- Manage Notebook Recycle Bins and Backups
- Work with Excel Spreadsheets
- Work with Embedded Files
- Send a Notebook and Use Outlook Integration
- Share and Collaborate on Notebooks
- Finalize a Notebook Using Proofing and Print Settings
- Configure Notebook Settings, Properties, and Security
- Organize and Search Notebooks
WHO SHOULD ATTENDThis course is meant for people who are interested in learning about Microsoft OneNote.
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted. Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
Global Knowledge Ottawa
360 Albert Street Suite 720