Expand your skill set by focusing on the advanced features of IBM MQ in this course.
- Course Start Date: Jul. 9
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 11:30 am - 7:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 4 days
11:30 AM - 07:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:IBM Security Systems
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
The course focuses on the advanced features of IBM MQ, such as implementing workload management by using a queue manager cluster and authenticating connections, channels, and users. It also covers securing channels with Transport Layer Security (TLS), advanced client connection features, event and message monitoring, and publish/subscribe administration.
In addition to the instructor-led lectures, participate in hands-on lab exercises that reinforce lecture content. The lab exercises give you practical experience with tasks such as implementing security, configuring workload management for a queue manager cluster, and advanced troubleshooting techniques.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Use conversation sharing, read-ahead, and asynchronous put to improve the performance of MQI client connections
- Use Transport Layer Security (TLS) to secure TCP/IP channels
- Authenticate IBM MQ channels, connections, and users
- Manage the workload in an IBM MQ queue manager cluster
- Implement IBM MQ high availability
- Monitor application activity, events, and messages
- Use the IBM MQ dead-letter queue message handler to manage a dead-letter queue
- Administer distributed publish/subscribe networks
- Use the IBM MQ Console to administer IBM MQ objects and resource usage
- Administer Java Message Service (JMS) in MQ
- Course Introduction
- Managing Clients and Client Connections
- Securing IBM MQ Channels with TLS
- Exercise: Securing Channels with TLS
- Authenticating Channels and Connections
- Exercise: Implementing Connection Authentication
- Implementing Workload Management in an IBM MQ Cluster
- Exercise: Implementing Workload Management in a Cluster
- More Troubleshooting Tools and Techniques
- Exercise: Tracing Message Routes
- Exercise: Handling Messages on the Dead-Letter Queue
- High Availability
- Introduction to Distributed Publish/Subscribe
- Exercise: Configuring Distributed Publish/Subscribe
- Supporting JMS with IBM MQ
- Introduction to the IBM MQ Console
- Exercise: Getting Started with the IBM MQ Console
- Course Summary
WHO SHOULD ATTENDThis advanced skills course is designed for technical professionals who require advanced administrator skills for IBM MQ on distributed operating systems or those who provide support to others who administer IBM MQ.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Before taking this course, you should possess the skills required to complete basic IBM MQ system administration tasks in a distributed environment. You can obtain these skills through practical experience or by successfully completing one of the IBM MQ V9 system administration courses for distributed operating systems:
IBM MQ V9 System Administration (using Windows for labs) (WM153G)
IBM MQ V9 System Administration (using Linux for labs) (WM154G)
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
your city, your province
your country .
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 23 times.