Learn the essential skills needed to administer IBM MQ queue managers on distributed systems and in the cloud.
- Course Start Date: Jul. 9
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 4 days
08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:IBM Security Systems
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
This course provides technical professionals with the skills needed to administer IBM MQ queue managers on distributed operating systems and in the cloud. In addition to the instructor-led lectures, participate in hands-on lab exercises designed to reinforce lecture content. The lab exercises use IBM MQ V9.0, giving you practical experience with tasks such as handling queue recovery, implementing security, and problem determination.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the IBM MQ deployment options
- Plan for the implementation of IBM MQ on-premises or in the cloud
- Use IBM MQ commands and the IBM MQ Explorer to create and manage queue managers, queues, and channels
- Use the IBM MQ sample programs and utilities to test the IBM MQ network
- Enable a queue manager to exchange messages with another queue manager
- Configure client connections to a queue manager
- Use a trigger message and a trigger monitor to start an application to process messages
- Implement basic queue manager restart and recovery procedures
- Use IBM MQ troubleshooting tools to identify the cause of a problem in the IBM MQ network
- Plan for and implement basic IBM MQ security features
- Use accounting and statistics messages to monitor the activities of an IBM MQ system
- Define and administer a simple queue manager cluster
- Course Introduction
- IBM MQ Review
- IBM MQ Installation and Deployment Options
- Creating a Queue Manager and Queues
- Exercise: Using Commands to Create a Queue Manager and Queues
- Introduction to IBM MQ Explorer
- Exercise: Using IBM MQ Explorer to Create Queue Managers and Queues
- Testing the IBM MQ Implementation
- Exercise: Using IBM MQ Sample Programs to Test the Configuration
- Implementing Distributed Queuing
- Exercise: Connecting Queue Managers
- IBM MQ Clients
- Exercise: Connecting an IBM MQ Client
- Implementing Trigger Messages and Monitors
- Exercise: Implementing a Trigger Monitor
- Diagnosing Problems
- Exercise: Running an IBM MQ Trace
- Implementing Basic Security in IBM MQ
- Exercise: Controlling Access to IBM MQ
- Backing up and Restoring IBM MQ Messages and Object Definitions
- Exercise: Using a Media Image to Restore a Queue
- Exercise: Backing up and Restoring IBM MQ Object Definitions
- Introduction to Queue Manager Clusters
- Exercise: Implementing a Basic Cluster
- Monitoring and Configuring IBM MQ for Performance
- Exercise: Monitoring IBM MQ for Performance
- Course Summary
WHO SHOULD ATTENDThis course is designed for technical professionals who require the skills to administer IBM MQ queue managers on distributed operating systems, in the cloud, or on the IBM MQ Appliance.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Basic knowledge of IBM MQ V9 concepts and features, obtained either through experience or by successfully completing Technical Introduction to IBM MQ (WM103G) or Technical Introduction to IBM MQ (ZM103G)
Ability to invoke standard functions within the operating system that is used in the lab exercises
Some knowledge of TCP/IP configuration
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
your city, your province
your country .
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 33 times.