Learn advanced report building techniques through hands-on live labs using IBM Cognos versions 10.2 and 10.2.2.
- Course Start Date: Jun. 28
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 9:30 am - 5:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 2 days
09:30 AM - 05:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:IBM Security Systems
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
IBM Cognos Report Studio Advanced is designed for professional report authors using IBM Cognos versions 10.2 and 10.2.2 and builds upon topics learned in the Fundamentals course. In this course you will learn advanced report building techniques using mostly relational data models, and methods of enhancing, customizing, and managing professional reports.
The course is presented in a series of lectures interspersed with hands-on live labs with integrated lab steps, videos with closed captioning, tips and tricks, and knowledge checks for comprehensive assessments. To further refine your skills, you will have access to the lab environment for 12 months along with video recordings of each exercise where an instructor illustrates the process. When you complete this course, you will have the skills to effectively author advanced Cognos reports.
This course includes the topics and skills taught in the IBM Report Studio courses B5259G, J2259G, B5A59G, and JA59G.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Creating query models and advanced dynamic reports based on relationships
- Designing effective prompts
- Report specifications
- User interaction with HTML
- Build query models and then connect them to the report layout
- Edit an SQL statement to author custom queries
- Add filters and prompts to a report using the query model
- Create reports by merging query results
- Create reports by joining queries
- Combine data containers based on relationships from different queries
- Filter reports on session parameter values
- Navigate a briefing book using a table of contents
- Create dynamic headers and title that reflect report data
- Let users navigate to specific locations in reports
- Create a customer invoice report
- Control report displays using prompts
- Specify conditional formatting values using prompts
- Specify conditional rendering of objects based on prompt selection
- Create sorted and filtered reports based on prompt selection
- Create a report that displays summarized data before detailed data
- Highlight alternate rows in a list report
- Create a report using an external data file
- Use single data items to summarize report information
- Examine the report specification structure
- Modify a report specification
- Add custom toolbox objects and custom template options
- Distribute reports using bursting
- Create burst keys
- Identify report recipients and data items using burst tables
- Distribute reports using email and IBM Cognos Connection
- Create tooltips that clarify report data
- Send emails using links in a report
- View More View More
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Knowledge of your business requirements
Basic knowledge of SQL
Basic knowledge of XML is recommended but not required
IBM Cognos BI: Overview (v10.2)
Overview of IBM Cognos BI (V10.2.2)
IBM Cognos Report Studio Fundamentals
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
your city, your province
your country .
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 58 times.