This course is designed for IBM Netcool/OMNIbus 8.1 advanced users and administrators.
- Course Start Date: Aug. 27
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 11:30 am - 7:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 4 days
11:30 AM - 07:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:IBM Security Systems
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
This course is designed for IBM Netcool/OMNIbus 8.1 advanced users and administrators. It includes hands-on lab exercises that are based on a distributed deployment of Netcool/OMNIbus. You start with two images with Netcool/OMNIbus installed and deployed in a high-availability configuration. You use this environment to explore advanced administration topics and deploy advanced features. Note that product installation is not covered in this class. Product installation is covered in Netcool/OMNIbus 8.1 Installation and Configuration (TN025G).
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Perform the major functions of the Netcool/OMNIbus Administrator utility
- Use both basic and advanced SQL
- Configure and run probe integrations
- Configure and use advanced probe functions
- Configure and implement Web GUI load balancing
- Customize Tivoli Common Reporting portal reports
- Configure core components and standard integration for SSL and FIPS 140-2 compliance
- Implement and examine the ESF-based, multi-tiered architecture
- Stopping and starting components
- Backing up and restoring
- Applying maintenance
- Modifying behavior
- ObjectServer structure
- Modifying the ObjectServer structure
- Creating ObjectServers
- MIB Manager
- Probe high availability
- Remote probe administration
- Basic SQL
- ObjectServer automations
- SQL code blocks
- Database triggers
- Temporal triggers
- Signal triggers
- ObjectServer procedures
- Filters, view, and event grouping
- Tools, prompts, and menus
- Basic dashboard creation
- Web GUI administrative API
- User administration overview
- ObjectServer user administration
- Web GUI user administration
- Creating Web GUI startup pages
- Framework Manager
- Modifying the data model
- Dashboard Application Services Hub
- Web GUI
- Setting up a load balanced cluster
- Cluster administration
- Netcool/OMNIbus security elements
- Using SSL for client and server communications
- Encryption and FIPS compliance
- Deploying the architecture
- Prerequisites & Certificates
You should have:
Linux operating system skills
Basic SQL knowledge
Knowledge of LDAP is beneficial
You can also take:
IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus 8.1 nstallation and Configuration (TN025G)
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
your city, your province
your country .
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 16 times.