Extend the capabilities of SharePoint functionality to build powerful data-driven pages, composite applications, and workflows. In this SharePoint 2010 training course, you learn how to maximize SharePoint without writing application-level code...
- Course Outline
Extend the capabilities of SharePoint functionality to build powerful data-driven pages, composite applications, and workflows. In this SharePoint 2010 training course, you learn how to maximize SharePoint without writing application-level code, and gain the skills to build robust site dashboards by aggregating lists and integrating data from multiple sources.
You Will Learn How To
- Aggregate SharePoint lists and integrate data to build dashboards
- Manage site content with lists and libraries
- Automate complex business processes with SharePoint workflows
- Connect to and use external data in web pages
Basic knowledge of SharePoint site structure
This course is currently running on SharePoint Designer 2010
SharePoint 2010 Introduction
Overview of SharePoint technologies
- Comparing and contrasting SharePoint Foundation with SharePoint Server
- Setting Designer restrictions and Central Administration
- Establishing metadata fields with document sets, internal and external content types
- Exploring web applications and site collections
- Utilizing lists, libraries and Web Parts
- Setting standards with site templates
Exploring new features in SharePoint 2010
- Navigating through the site with the Ribbon interface
- Leveraging lists and content type editors
- Editing content and Master Pages
- Applying global changes via the 14 Hive
- Adding Web Parts and customizing Web Part Zones
- Identifying list and library metadata
- Building reusable content types
- Connecting to external content types
- Using external content types as metadata for lists
- Displaying list data using the Data View Web Part
- Enabling browser-based editing with the XSLT List View Web Part
- Aggregating information in a data view
- Applying conditional formatting to highlight data
- Adding custom fields and customizing data views
Working with relational data
- Retrieving data via stored procedures and views
- Merging data to create a dashboard
- Consuming web services and server-side scripts
- Connecting to REST feeds
- Utilizing external content types
- Centralizing security through BCS
Analyzing business requirements
- Establishing business rules through branching logic
- Executing workflows in parallel and serial
- Identifying lists required in the workflow process
- Assigning tasks to participants
- Creating workflow actions and steps
- Controlling execution with variables, forms and form data
- Triggering workflows with changes, additions and conditions
- Utilizing association columns with reusable workflows
- Handling errors and logging events
- Triggering a workflow via InfoPath
- Creating site workflows
- Adding, deleting and updating data
- Validating user input
- Generating forms from templates
- Creating custom forms
- Starting workflows from InfoPath
Course Tuition Includes:
After-Course Instructor Coaching
When you return to work, you are entitled to schedule a free coaching session with your instructor for help and guidance as you apply your new skills.
After-Course Computing Sandbox
You'll be given remote access to a preconfigured virtual machine for you to redo your hands-on exercises, develop/test new code, and experiment with the same software used in your course.
Free Course Exam
You can take your course exam on the last day of your course and receive a Certificate of Achievement with the designation "Awarded with Distinction."
Standard Course Hours:9:00 am – 4:30 pm
FREE Online Course Exam (if applicable) – Last Day:3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
By successfully completing your FREE online course exam, you will:
Earn College Credit Units — Many Learning Tree courses are recommended for College Credits, which are accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities, and may qualify you to receive Tuition Reimbursement.
Receive a Certificate of Achievement with the designation "Awarded with Distinction."
Each Course Day - Informal discussion with instructor about your projects or areas of special interest:4:30 pm – 5:30 pm
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Basic knowledge of SharePoint site structure
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
Learning Tree International
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 91 times.