The objective of this 1-day course is to get students to a point where they are comfortable navigating around Windows and using the mouse and/or touchscreen. The Windows file management system is covered along with other standard Windows applications.
- Course Start Date: Oct. 19
- Location: Vancouver
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 1 Day
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Microsoft Windows
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
To get delegates to a point where they are comfortable navigating around Windows and using the mouse and/or touchscreen. The Windows file management system is covered along with other standard Windows applications.
- Windows 10 Basics
- Getting Started
- The opening Lock screen
- Desktop/Start screen
- In brief: desktop mode and tablet mode
- Interacting with Windows 10
- Touch controls (tablet mode)
- Mouse controls and desktop shortcuts (desktop mode)
- Basic mouse techniques for new users to Windows
- How to move the mouse
- Clicking the mouse
- Double-clicking the mouse
- Right-clicking the mouse
- Working with Live Tiles in Start
- The Start screen (tablet mode) and Start menu (desktop mode)
- Moving, sizing and unpinning tiles on Start screen
- Dragging items using the mouse
- Moving tiles in Start
- Adding tiles
- Making a tile smaller or bigger
- Removing (‘unpinning') tiles from Start
- Logging out, shutting down and restarting Windows 10
- Signing out and shutting down Windows 10
- Restarting Windows 10
- Using Windows
- Working with the Desktop (Desktop mode)
- The desktop
- In Brief: Apps or Applications?
- Identifying parts of a window (Desktop mode)
- Moving and resizing a window
- Maximizing, restoring, and minimizing a window (Desktop mode)
- Scrolling in a window
- Opening multiple windows (Desktop mode)
- Switching between windows (Desktop mode)
- Using taskbar to quickly reposition windows (Desktop mode)
- Snapping windows
- Working with the Quick Access Toolbar
- Working with the Ribbon
- Ribbon/command conventions
- Dialog box elements
- Getting Help and Support
- Managing Files
- Using File Explorer
- Starting File Explorer
- Identify the different parts of the File Explorer window
- Using the File Explorer ribbon
- Changing window view options
- Working with Folders
- Creating a new folder
- Renaming a folder
- Deleting a folder and its contents
- Moving, Copying and Renaming Files
- Copying and moving files using Move to and Copy to
- Renaming files
- Selecting more than one file to move or copy using Item Check Boxes
- Using Undo
- Finding your Files/Folders
- Finding Files/Folders using File Explorer
- Using the Recycle Bin
- Deleting files to the Recycle Bin
- Recovering a file from the Recycle Bin
- Emptying the Recycle Bin
- Sharing Information between programs
- Customising Windows 10
- Customising Windows 10
- Settings options
- Selecting a background
- Power Settings
- Control Panel
- Controlling the Mouse
- Working with Shortcuts
- Creating Shortcuts to files and folders
- Renaming Shortcuts
- Deleting shortcuts
- Customising the Lock screen
- Changing the Lock screen
- Customising the Start screen
- Adding a data folder to Start screen
- Removing the data folder from Start screen
- Adjusting Start menu width
- Start Categories
- Working with the Taskbar
- Windows 10 Basics
- Prerequisites & Certificates
A thorough understanding of the Windows operating environment Strong mouse and keyboard ability
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Should you postpone or cancel your course you must give 5 business days notice.
- Map & Reviews
On Track Computer Training
[ View Provider's Profile ]
On Track New Location
609 Granville Street
Canada V7Y 1G6
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 20 times.