This practical workshop is organized to enable participants to learn about basic & more sophisticated communication processes & skills, then apply their learning in a variety of work-related activities & exercises...
- Course Start Date: Mar. 27
- Location: Vancouver
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 1 Day
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Seats Available: YES
- Category:Effective Communication Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
This practical workshop is organized to enable participants to learn about basic and more sophisticated communication processes and skills, then apply their learning in a variety of work-related activities and exercises. Theory and hands-on practice proceed at a brisk pace in an enjoyable interactive environment.
Communication is one of the most powerful skills that humans possess. As our workplaces change, relationships must be built more quickly than ever before and, without having authority, we are often required to influence others and understand them, to achieve results. The ability to communicate well is central to our capacity to perform effectively.Duration: 1 Day
After this workshop, the participants will be able to:
- Use basic communication skills to achieve effective results in less time
- Use advanced communication skills to improve the quality of relationships
- Use communication to influence situations and people for the outcomes you want
- Feel more confident and comfortable applying the skills you have learned
- PART I: Communication is a Process
- We can improve each element of the information exchange process
- Communication models help illustrate the process
- Non-verbal communication is proven more significant than the words we say
- PART II: The Basic Skills
- Focused questioning for information and rapport-building
- Active listening skills: Paraphrasing, clarifying, confirming
- Checking perceptions and assumptions
- Offering and receiving feedback
- The neglected skill: Managing the communicating climate
- PART III: The Advanced Skills
- Assertiveness helps in refusing, in differing and in clear expression
- An invaluable three-step formula for assertive expression
- Saying "No" professionally
- Blend and redirect
- Persuasion skills
- Negotiating to Win/Win solutions
- Choosing among the four styles of communicating for success
- Six ways of using our voice to influence and persuade
- Managing anger: ours and others'
- PART IV: Using Language Powerfully
- Substituting positive language for absolutist and negative language
- Decisional language: Five words that can change your life
- Understanding learning styles and using them to create rapport
- Avoiding the language and behaviours which diminish our influence
- PART VI: RESOLVING CONFLICT
- Managing conflict requires complex communication skills
- We can communicate effectively despite stress and anger
- Our personal conflict management style
- Five key steps in resolving conflict
- Choosing the most effective communication tool for the job
- Avoiding conflict by using basic email etiquette
- PART VI: Telephone Communication Skills
- Important issues in phone communication
- Professional telephone behaviour
- Etiquette for phone calls and teleconferences
- Handling difficult situations by phone
- Confirming: Assuring our message is correctly understood
- Part VII: Communicating for Influence
- Sources of our personal power
- Presence and appearance
- Actions and behaviours which enhance (or diminish) power
- Part VIII: Review and Course Closure
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Should you postpone or cancel your course you must give 5 business days notice.
- Map & Reviews
On Track Computer Training
[ View Provider's Profile ]
On Track New Location
609 Granville Street
Canada V7Y 1G6
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course currently does not have any dates other than this one scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates.
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 2 times.