IBM Security Network Prevention is a next-generation intrusion prevention system. In this course, you will learn about the processes, procedures, and practices necessary to configure the Network Protection (XGS) appliance to protect your network...
- Course Outline
IBM Security Network Prevention is a next-generation intrusion prevention system. In this course, you will learn about the processes, procedures, and practices necessary to configure the Network Protection (XGS) appliance to protect your network. You will discover how to configure the appliance, configure management and protection policies, and block a variety of common attacks.
What You'll Learn
• Characteristics and architecture of the IBM Security Network Protection appliance
• Connect the appliance to your network
• Configure initial settings on the appliance and register it with SiteProtector
• Use network objects and network access rules to configure the Network Access Policy
• Use IPS objects to configure the Intrusion Prevention Policy
• Different alert types and configure SNMP alerts generated by response objects and system alerts
• Use objects and policies to tune your security policy
• Capture network packets
• Configure local, remote, and passive user authentication
• Inspect outbound and inbound SSL traffic
• Use the SNORT syntax to incorporate rules in the appliance
• Use advanced threat protection and quarantine rules to block events
• Integrate the appliance with IBM Security QRadar SIEM
• Monitor events on the appliance
Who Needs to Attend
• Network and security professionals who evaluate, implement, manage, or monitor the IBM Security Network Protection appliance
• Basic knowledge of information security concepts
• Familiarity with networking concepts, such as switching, routing, and firewalls, and tools, such as network sniffers and FTP clients
• Solid knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol and IPv4 networking
• Use the IBM Security SiteProtector console to manage agents.
• Have attended IBM Security SiteProtector System: Basic Implementation and Administration (IS604G) or an equivalent course
1. Introduction To IBM Security Network Protection
2. Setting Up The Appliance
3. Managing The Appliance
4. Configuring The Network Access Policy
5. Configuring The Intrusion Prevention Policy
6. Using Alerts And Events
7. Tuning Network Access Policy Rules And Intrusion Prevention Behavior
8. Capturing Network Traffic
9. Controlling User Access
10. Inspecting SSL-Encrypted Traffic
11. Implementing SNORT Rules
12. Configuring Advanced Threat Protection
13. Integrating With Qradar SIEM
14. Monitoring Event Data
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 648 times.