In this course, you will gain the knowledge & skills required to install & configure Windows 10 desktops & devices in a Windows Server domain corporate environment. You'll explore installing & customizing Windows 10 operating systems & apps...
- Course Start Date: Dec. 3
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 9:30 am - 5:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 5 days
09:30 AM - 05:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Microsoft Windows
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Learn how to install and manage Windows 10 for enterprise organizations.
In this course, you will gain the knowledge and skills required to install and configure Windows 10 desktops and devices in a Windows Server domain corporate environment. You will explore installing and customizing Windows 10 operating systems and apps, as well as configuring local and remote network connectivity and storage. You will also learn how to configure data security, device security, and network security and to maintain, update, and recover Windows 10.
GK Digital Learning is also available with digital Microsoft Official Courseware (dMOC).
What You'll Learn
• Install Windows 10
• Configure a device running Windows 10
• Configure network connectivity for a Windows 10 device
• Manage storage in Windows 10
• Manage folders and printers
• Manage data and device security
• Implement Windows 10 features to improve network security
• Monitor and update Windows 10 devices
• Restore files, roll back drivers, and recover Windows 10 devices
Who Needs to Attend
• IT professionals who administer and support Windows 10 desktops, devices, users, and associated network and security resources.
• Enterprise desktop/device support technicians (EDSTs) who provide Tier 2 support to users running Windows 10 desktops and devices within a Windows domain environment in medium-to-large enterprise organizations.
• At least two years of experience in the IT field
• Knowledge of networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management
• Understanding of Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 fundamentals
• Understanding of Microsoft Windows Client essentials, for example, working knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 8, and/or Windows 10
• Basic understanding of Windows PowerShell syntax
• Deploying and Managing Windows 10 Using Enterprise Services (M20697-2)
1. Overview of Windows 10
• Introducing Windows 10
• Navigating the User Interface
2. Installing Windows 10
• Preparing to Install Windows 10
• Upgrading to Windows 10
3. Configuring Your Device
• Common Configuration Options
• Managing User Accounts
• Using OneDrive
4. Configuring Network Connectivity
• Configuring IP Network Connectivity
• Implementing Name Resolution
• Implementing Wireless Network Connectivity
5. Managing Storage
• Storage Options
• Managing Disks, Partitions, and Volumes
• Maintaining Disks and Volumes
• Managing Storage Spaces
6. Managing Files and Printers
• File Systems
• Configuring and Managing File Access
• Configuring and Managing Shared Folders
• Work Folders
• Managing Printers
7. Managing Apps in Windows 10
• Methods Used to Provide Apps to Users
• The Windows Store
• Web Browsers
8. Managing Data Security
• Data-Related Security Threats
• Securing Data with EFS
• Implementing and Managing BitLocker
9. Managing Device Security
• Using Security Settings to Mitigate Threats
• Configuring User Account Control
• Configuring Application Restrictions
10. Managing Network Security
• Network-Related Security Threats
• Windows Firewall
• Connection Security Rules
• Windows Defender
11. Troubleshooting and Recovery
• Managing Devices and Drivers
• Recovering Files
• Recovering Device
12. Maintaining Windows 10
• Updating Windows 10
• Monitoring Windows 10
• Optimizing Performance
• Configuring Updates for a Single Device
• Configuring Updates with GPOs
• Monitoring Events
• Monitoring Reliability and Performance
Lab 1: Navigating and Customizing the User Interface
• Navigating Windows 10
• Configuring the Start Menu and the Desktop
Lab 2: Installing Windows 10
• Upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10
• Migrating User Settings
Lab 3: Configuring Windows 10
• Using Settings
• Using Control Panel
• Using Windows PowerShell
• Using GPOs
Lab 4: Configuring Network Connectivity
• Verifying and Testing IPv4 Settings
• Configuring Automatic IPv4 Settings
• Configuring and Testing Name Resolution
Lab 5: Managing Storage
• Adding a Disk
• Creating a Simple Volume
• Compressing a Folder
• Enabling Disk Quotas
• Creating a Storage Space
Lab 6: Configuring and Managing Permissions and Shares
• Creating, Managing, and Sharing a Folder
• Using Conditions to Control Access and Effective Permissions
• Configuring Work Folders
• Installing and Managing and a Printer
Lab 7: Configuring and Using Work Folders
Lab 8: Installing and Updating Apps from the Windows Store
Lab 9: Configuring Windows 10 Web Browsers
Lab 10: Managing Data Security
• Using EFS
• Using BitLocker
Lab 11: Managing Device Security
• Creating Security Policies
• Testing Security Policies
• Configuring UAC Prompts
Lab 12: Managing Network Security
• Creating and Testing Inbound Rules
• Creating and Testing Outbound Rules
• Creating and Testing Connection Security Rules
• Configuring Windows Defender
Lab 13: Troubleshooting and Recovery
• Managing Device Drivers
• Using File History to Recover Files
• Using Previous Versions to Recover Files
• Recovering a Device with a Restore Point
• Using the Advanced Start-Up Options to Recover a Device
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
your city, your province
your country .
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 10 times.