- Microsoft Systems Center Training
- Infrastructure Provisioning with System Center Virtual Machine Manager (M10981)
In this advanced-level course, you will cover implementing, managing, maintaining, and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Server 2012 R2 environment using System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager (VMM).
- Course Start Date: Jul. 16
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 5 days
08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Microsoft Systems Center Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Learn to manage enterprise datacenter resources with System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager.
In this advanced-level course, you will cover implementing, managing, maintaining, and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Server 2012 R2 environment using System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager (VMM). You will explore enterprise-level technologies and solutions available through Microsoft virtualization, networking and storage like how to configure high availability for Hyper-V and VMM, as well as how to use VMM to configure cloud resources.
What You'll Learn
• Update the VMM environment and underlying Fabric infrastructure including considerations for other System Center components.
• Configure advanced networking features in VMM such as Uplink Port Profiles and Virtual Port Profiles.
• Configure Storage in VMM
• Configure and manage the Library in VMM
• Prepare the Windows operating system for deployment in VMM
• Configure and use Virtual Machine Templates and Service Templates in VMM
• How VMM integrates with other System Center components such as Operations Manager and Orchestrator
• How to configure Azure Site Recovery to replicate and recover virtual machines.
Who Needs to Attend
• Experienced IT professionals who support medium to large enterprises who are responsible for designing, implementing, managing, and maintaining a virtualization infrastructure
• Those who will determine which virtualization product to implement in their data centers
• An understanding of virtualization concepts and working knowledge of Microsoft Hyper-V
• An understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts and working knowledge of Microsoft networking
• An understanding of different storage technologies and concepts and working knowledge of Microsoft storage technologies and solutions
• Working knowledge of Windows PowerShell
• Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center
1. Overview of Hyper-V and VMM
2. Configuring High Availability for VMM and Hyper-V
• Clustering Requirements for VMM
• Configuring SQL AlwaysOn for the VMM Database
• Hyper-V Host Clustering
3. Updating VMM and Fabric Servers
• Understanding the Servicing Order for System Center
• Performing the Manual Update Process in VMM
• Patching the VMM Fabric with Windows Server Update Services
4. Configuring Networking in VMM
• Overview of Networking in VMM
• Logical Networks
• Uplink and Virtual Port Profiles
• Logical Switches
• Virtual Machine Networks
5. Configuring Storage in VMM
• Storage Options Available in Hyper-V and VMM
• Understanding Storage in VMM
• What Storage Will Be Managed?
• Configuring and Managing Storage in VMM
6. Managing Clouds in VMM
• Introduction to Clouds
• Creating and Managing a Private Cloud in VMM
• Working with User Roles in VMM
7. Configuring and Managing the VMM Library and Library Objects
• Overview of the VMM Library
• Managing Libraries
8. Preparing the Windows Operating System for Deployment in VMM
• Preparing a Windows Operating System
• Virtual Machine Architecture
• Preparations Required for Bare Metal Deployments of Hyper-V and Scale-out File Servers
9. Virtual Machine and Service Templates
• Overview of Virtual Machine Templates
• Overview of Service Template Templates
10. System Center Integration
• Monitoring the VMM Environment with Operations Manager
• Automation with Orchestrator
11. Windows Azure Pack
• Deploying Windows Azure Pack
• Configuring Windows Azure Pack
• Windows Azure Pack Tenant Experience
12. Azure Site Recovery
• Overview of Azure Site Recovery
• Configuring and Using Azure Site Recovery
Lab 1: Completing the Fabric for the VMM Environment
Lab 2: Implementing High Availability for VMM
Lab 3: Updating the VMM Environment
Lab 4: Configuring Networking in VMM
Lab 5: Provisioning and Configuring Storage in VMM
Lab 6: Managing Clouds in VMM
Lab 7: Configuring and Managing the VMM Library
Lab 8: Preparing the Windows Operating System
Lab 9: Deploying Virtual Machines and Services
Lab 10: Responding to Alerts Using Orchestrator
Lab 11: Deploying Windows Azure Pack and Provisioning Infrastructure Services
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
your city, your province
your country .
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 47 times.