In this course, you will learn about business intelligence (BI) solutions that implement multidimensional databases and create tabular semantic data models for analysis using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Course Start Date: Jul. 16
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 3 days
08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Microsoft SQL Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Learn about SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) for SQL Server 2016. In this course, you will learn about business intelligence (BI) solutions that implement multidimensional databases and create tabular semantic data models for analysis using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
This course uses Microsoft SQL Server 2016 and incorporates material from the Official Microsoft Learning Product 20768: Developing SQL Data Models.
What You'll Learn
• Components, architecture, and nature of a BI solution
• Create a multidimensional database with analysis services
• Implement dimensions in a cube
• Implement measures and measure groups in a cube
• Use MDX syntax
• Customize a cube
• Implement a tabular database
• Use DAX to query a tabular model
• Use data mining for predictive analysis
Who Needs to Attend
• Data analysts and power information workers
• Database professionals who fulfill a BI developer role and create enterprise BI solutions and whose primary responsibilities include:
◦ Implementing multidimensional databases by using SSAS
◦ Creating tabular semantic data models for analysis by using SSAS
• Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality
• Working knowledge of Transact-SQL
• Working knowledge of relational databases
1. Introduction to Business Intelligence and Data Modeling
• Introduction to Business Intelligence
• Microsoft Business Intelligence Platform
2. Create Multidimensional Databases
• Introduction to Multidimensional Analysis
• Create Data Sources and Data Source Views
• Create a Cube
• Overview of Cube Security
3. Cubes and Dimensions
• Configure Dimensions
• Define Attribute Hierarchies
• Sort and Group Attributes
4. Implement and Configure Measures and Measure Groups
5. Introduction to Multidimensional Expressions (MDX)
• MDX Fundamentals
• Add Calculations to a Cube
• Use MDX to Query a Cube
6. Customize Cube Functionality
• Implement Key Performance Indicators
• Implement Actions, Perspectives, and Translations
7. Implement a Tabular Data Model by Using Analysis Services
• Introduction to Tabular Data Models
• Create a Tabular Data Model
• Use an Analysis Services Tabular Model in an Enterprise BI Solution
8. Introduction to Data Analysis Expression (DAX)
• DAX Fundamentals
• Create Columns and Measures in a Tabular Data Model Using DAX
9. Perform Predictive Analysis with Data Mining
• Overview of Data Mining
• Use the Data Mining Add-in for Excel
• Create a Custom Data Mining Solution
• Validate, Connect, and Consume a Data Mining Model
- Prerequisites & Certificates
• Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality • Working knowledge of Transact-SQL • Working knowledge of relational databases
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
your city, your province
your country .
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 30 times.