Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality. Working knowledge of Transact-SQL. Working knowledge of relational databases. Some experience with database design. Querying Data with Transact-SQL (M20761)
This course provides you with the knowledge and skills to provision a Microsoft SQL Server 2016 database. You will cover SQL Server 2016 provision both on-premise and in Azure, and you'll cover installing from new and migrating from an existing install
This course incorporates material from the Official Microsoft Learning Product 20765: Provisioning SQL Databases.
What You'll Learn
- Provision a database server.
- Upgrade SQL Server.
- Configure SQL Server.
- Manage databases and files (shared).
- Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure (M20764)
- Implementing a SQL Data Warehouse (M20767)
- Developing SQL Databases (M20762)
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.
- Querying Data with Transact-SQL (M20761)
- Individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases, performing database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility, or who work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job.
- Individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
- MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Administration
This course comes with 12 monthsÂ access to the following benefits:
- Practice Labs
- 24x7 Mentoring
- Indexed Class Recordings
- Unlimited Retakes
- Digital Courseware
1. SQL Server 2016 Components
- Introduction to the SQL Server Platform
- Overview of SQL Server Architecture
- SQL Server Services and Configuration Options
2. Installing SQL Server 2016
- Considerations for Installing SQL Server
- TempDB Files
- Installing SQL Server 2016
- Automating Installation
3. Upgrading SQL Server to SQL Server 2016
- Upgrade Requirements
- Upgrade SQL Server Services
- Migrating SQL Server Data and Applications
4. Deploying SQL Server on Microsoft Azure
- SQL Server Virtual Machines in Azure
- Deploying an Azure SQL Database
- Migrating an On-Premise Database to an Azure SQL Database
5. Working with Databases
- Overview of SQL Server Databases
- Creating Databases
- Database Files and Filegroups
- Moving Database Files
- Buffer Pool Extension
6. Database Storage Options
- SQL Server Storage Performance
- SMB Fileshare
- SQL Server Storage in Azure
- Stretch Databases
7. Performing Database Maintenance
- Ensuring Database Integrity
- Maintaining Indexes
- Automating Routine Database Maintenance
Lab 1: SQL Server Versions (Discussion Session)
Lab 2: Installing SQL Server
Lab 3: Upgrading SQL Server
Lab 4: Migrating SQL Server with Azure
Lab 5: Working with SQL Server Databases
Lab 6: Implementing Stretch Database
Lab 7: Performing Database Maintenance
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted. Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
your city, your province