Learn how to write basic Transact-SQL queries for Microsoft SQL Server 2016. This course will provide a good understanding of the Transact-SQL language which is used by all SQL Server-related disciplines—namely, database administration, database dev...
- Course Start Date: Sep. 24
- Location: Toronto
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 5 days
08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Microsoft SQL Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Learn how to write basic Transact-SQL queries for Microsoft SQL Server 2016. This course will provide a good understanding of the Transact-SQL language which is used by all SQL Server-related disciplines—namely, database administration, database development and business intelligence.
You will learn about: T-SQL elements, writing SQL queries, querying JOINs, sorting and filtering data, SQL Server 2016 data types, T-SQL DML, built-in functions, grouping and aggregating data, subqueries, and set operators.
This course incorporates material from the Official Microsoft Learning Product 20761: Querying Data with Transact-SQL.
Note:What You'll Learn
• Redeem three SATVs* for a Classroom, Virtual Classroom, or Virtual Classroom Fit session
• Redeem three SATVs for an individual GK Digital Learning course plus digital Microsoft Official Courseware (dMOC)
• Redeem two SATVs for an individual GK Digital Learning course
- Basic architecture and concepts of Microsoft SQL Server 2016
- Similarities and differences between Transact-SQL and other computer languages
- Write SELECT queries
- Query multiple tables
- Sort and filter data
- Using data types in SQL Server
- Modify data using Transact-SQL
- Use built-in functions
- Group and aggregate data
- Use subquerie
- Use table expressions
- Use set operators
- Use window ranking, offset and aggregate functions
- Implement pivoting and grouping sets
- Execute stored procedures
- Program with T-SQL
- Implement error handling
- Implement transactions
- Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure (M20764)
- Implementing a SQL Data Warehouse (M20767)
- Developing SQL Databases (M20762)
Database administrators, database developers and business intelligence professionals, as well as SQL power users who aren't necessarily database-focused, such as report writers, business analysts and client application developers.Training Exclusives
This course comes with 12 months access to the following benefits:
- Practice Labs
- 24x7 Mentoring
- Indexed Class Recordings
- Unlimited Retakes
- Digital Courseware
1. Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server 2016
- The Basic Architecture of SQL Server
- SQL Server Editions and Versions
- Getting Started with SQL Server Management Studio
2. Introduction to T-SQL Querying
- Introducing T-SQL
- Predicate Logic
- Logical Order of Operations in SELECT statements
3. Writing SELECT Queries
- Writing Simple SELECT Statements
- Eliminating Duplicates with DISTINCT
- Using Column and Table Aliases
- Writing Simple CASE Expressions
4. Querying Multiple Tables
- Querying with Inner Joins
- Querying with Outer Joins
- Querying with Cross Joins and Self Joins
5. Sorting and Filtering Data
- Sorting Data
- Filtering Data with Predicates
- Filtering with the TOP and OFFSET-FETCH Options
- Working with Unknown Values
6. Working with SQL Server 2016 Data Types
- Introducing SQL Server 2016 Data Types
- Working with Character Data
- Working with Date and Time Data
7. Using DML to Modify Data
- Inserting Data
- Modifying and Deleting Data
8. Using Built-In Functions
- Writing Queries with Built-In Functions
- Using Conversion Functions
- Using Logical Functions
- Using Functions to Work with NULL
9. Grouping and Aggregating Data
- Using Aggregate Functions
- Using the GROUP BY Clause
- Filtering Groups with HAVING
10. Using Subqueries
- Writing Self-Contained Subqueries
- Writing Correlated Subqueries
- Using the EXISTS Predicate with Subqueries
11. Using Set Operators
- Writing Queries with the UNION Operator
- Using EXCEPT and INTERSECT
- Using APPLY
Lab 1: Working with SQL Server 2016 Tools
Lab 2: Introduction to Transact-SQL Querying
Lab 3: Writing Basic SELECT Statements
Lab 4: Querying Multiple Tables
Lab 5: Sorting and Filtering Data
Lab 6: Working with SQL Server 2016 Data Types
Lab 7: Using DML to Modify Data
Lab 8: Using Built-In Functions
Lab 9: Grouping and Aggregating Data
Lab 10: Using Subqueries
Lab 11: Using SET Operators
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Working knowledge of relational databases. Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
GK at ctc Toronto
595 Bay Street
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 28 times.