In this course, you will learn how to deploy and configure Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in a distributed environment. Additionally, you will learn how to implement Group Policy, perform backup and restore, as well as monitor & troubleshoot...
- Course Start Date: Jul. 23
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 11:30 am - 7:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 5 days
11:30 AM - 07:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Microsoft Windows Server Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
In this course, you will learn how to deploy and configure Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in a distributed environment. Additionally, you will learn how to implement Group Policy, perform backup and restore, as well as monitor and troubleshoot AD-related issues with Windows Server 2016. This course teaches you how to deploy other AD server roles such as Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) and Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS).
What You'll Learn
- Install and configure domain controllers
- Manage objects in AD DS by using graphical tools and Windows PowerShell
- Implement AD DS in complex environments
- Implement AD DS sites, and configure and manage replication
- Implement and manage Group Policy Objects (GPOs)
- Manage user settings by using GPOs
- Secure AD DS and user accounts
- Implement and manage a certificate authority (CA) hierarchy with AD CS
- Deploy and manage certificates
- Implement and administer AD FS
- Implement and administer Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS)
- Implement synchronization between AD DS and Azure AD
- Securing Windows Server 2016 (M20744)
- Exposure to and experience with AD DS concepts and technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016
- Experience working with and configuring Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016
- Experience and an understanding of core networking technologies such as IP addressing, name resolution, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Experience working with and an understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V and basic server virtualization concepts
- An awareness of basic security best practices
- Hands-on working experience with Windows client operating systems such as Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10
- Basic experience with the Windows PowerShell command-line interface
Who Needs To Attend
- Active Directory administrators who are looking to train in identity and access technologies with Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016
- System or infrastructure administrators with general AD DS experience and knowledge who are looking to cross-train in core and advanced identity and access technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016
This course comes with 12 months access to the following benefits:
- Practice Labs
- 24x7 Mentoring
- Indexed Class Recordings
- Unlimited Retakes
- Digital Courseware
1. Installing and Configuring Domain Controllers (DCs)
- Overview of AD DS
- Overview of AD DS DCs
- Deploying DCs
2. Managing Objects in AD DS
- Managing user accounts
- Managing groups in AD DS
- Managing computer accounts
- Using Windows PowerShell for AD DS administration
- Implementing and managing organizational units
3. Advanced AD DS Infrastructure Management
- Overview of advanced AD DS deployments
- Deploying a distributed AD DS environment
- Configuring AD DS trusts
4. Implementing and Administering AD DS Sites and Replication
- Overview of AD DS replication
- Configuring AD DS sites
- Configuring and monitoring AD DS replication
5. Implementing Group Policy
- Introducing Group Policy
- Implementing and administering GPOs
- Group Policy scope and Group Policy processing
- Troubleshooting the application of GPOs
6. Managing User Settings with GPOs
- Implementing administrative templates
- Configuring Folder Redirection and scripts
- Configuring Group Policy preferences
7. Securing AD DS
- Securing domain controllers
- Implementing account security
- Audit authentication
- Configuring managed service accounts (MSAs)
8. Deploying and Managing AD CS
- Deploying CAs
- Administering CAs
- Troubleshooting and maintaining CAs
9. Deploying and Managing Certificates
- Deploying and managing certificate templates
- Managing certificate deployment, revocation, and recovery
- Using certificates in a business environment
- Implementing and managing smart cards
10. Implementing and Administering AD FS
- Overview of AD FS
- AD FS requirements and planning
- Deploying and configuring AD FS
- Overview of Web Application Proxy
11. Implementing and Administering AD RMS
- Overview of AD RMS
- Deploying and managing an AD RMS infrastructure
- Configuring AD RMS content protection
12. Implementing AD DS Synchronization with Azure AD
- Planning and preparing for directory synchronization
- Implementing directory synchronization by using Azure AD Connect
- Managing identities with directory synchronization
13. Monitoring, Managing, and Recovering AD DSLabs
Note: Labs are currently conducted using Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 5.
Lab 1: Deploying and Administering AD DS
Lab 2: Deploying and Administering AD DS
Lab 3: Administering AD DS
Lab 4: Domain and Trust Management in AD DS
Lab 5: Managing and Implementing AD DS Sites and Replication
Lab 6: Implementing a Group Policy Infrastructure
Lab 7: Troubleshooting a Group Policy Infrastructure
Lab 8: Managing User Settings with GPOs
Lab 9: Securing AD DS
Lab 10: Deploying and Configuring a Two-Tier CA Hierarchy
Lab 11: Deploying Certificates
Lab 12: Implementing AD FS
Lab 13: Implementing an AD RMS Infrastructure
Lab 14: Configuring Directory Synchronization
Lab 15: Recovering Objects in AD DS
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Exposure to and experience with AD DS concepts and technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016 Experience working with and configuring Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016 Experience and an understanding of core networking technologies such as IP addressing, name resolution, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Experience working with and an understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V and basic server virtualization concepts An awareness of basic security best practices Hands-on working experience with Windows client operating systems such as Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 Basic experience with the Windows PowerShell command-line interface
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
your city, your province
your country .
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration for this course has been closed.
This course may be available on a different date listed below.
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 20 times.