- IBM Business Analysis
- IBM Spectrum Protect 7.1.6 Advanced Administration, Tuning, and Troubleshooting
In this advanced-level course, you will streamline your daily operations by implementing new features, such as inline data deduplication, storage pool directory containers & node replication. You will use the Operations Center & administrative command...
- Course Outline
IBM Spectrum Protect, formerly known as IBM Tivoli Storage Manager, is a data backup and recovery solution designed to help you manage your data retention, reduce the cost of storage, and provide appropriate recovery point objectives to meet any service level agreement. IBM Spectrum Protect offers improved efficiency and flexibility through the use of object-based data management, policy driven retention, and an easy to use interface, the Operations Center.
In this advanced-level course, you will streamline your daily operations by implementing new features, such as inline data deduplication, storage pool directory containers, and node replication. You will use the Operations Center and administrative command line to manage multiple Spectrum Protect servers and nodes. The hands-on exercises are performed on two Windows 2012 R2 virtual machines.Skills Gained
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe a multi-server Spectrum Protect storage environment
- Manage storage pools
- Configure a multi-server environment
- Improve data protection and recovery with replication
- Enable advanced client functions
- Protect the Spectrum Protect environment
- Use scripting to automate daily processing
- Explore monitoring and reporting
- Optimize the Spectrum Protect server and client
- Troubleshoot common problems
This course is for storage administrators familiar with the daily management of IBM Spectrum Protect/Tivoli Storage Manager.Prerequisites
Complete IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 7.1.1 Implementation and Administration (TS614G) or IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 7.1.4 Implementation and Administration (TS615G) prior to attending this course.Course Details
Unit 1 - Managing a multi-server Spectrum Protect 7.1.6 environment
- Basic Spectrum Protect concepts
- Spectrum Protect Operations Center
- Benefits of a multi-server Spectrum Protect environment
- The IBM Spectrum Protect storage family
- Managing storage pool hierarchies
- Data movement
- Using policy to determine storage destination
- Container storage pools
- Client-side deduplication
- Inline deduplication
- Overview of multi-site management
- Create a server pair
- Configure servers for multi-site management
- Configure replication
- Configuring automatic client failover
- Audit and repair damage in a container storage pool
- Additional disaster recovery methods
- Backup and restore overview
- Journal-based backups
- Backup group
- Image/snapshot backups
- Decommission a client node
- Daily maintenance
- Daily storage pool maintenance tasks; legacy disk to tape
- Daily storage pool maintenance tasks; multi-site
- Database backups
- Spectrum Protect SQL queries
- Server scripts
- Daily maintenance scripts
- Reviewing events and messages
- Configure Operations Center alerts
- Client Management Services
- Creating reports in the Operations Center
- Performance tuning overview
- Optimized planning considerations
- Tuning options
- Server tuning
- Optimizing the Spectrum Protect database
- Client tuning
- Server and client instrumentation
- Problem determination
- Database recovery
- Storage pool recovery
- Trace functions
- Reporting an issue
- Where to find more information
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Complete IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 7.1.1 Implementation and Administration (TS614G) or IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 7.1.4 Implementation and Administration (TS615G) prior to attending this course.
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 57 times.